Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best safe green laser

Hello everyone, im looking into getting back into laser again since i finally understand what they are capable of and im wondering what the best safe green laser is. I know that violet and blue are a lot safer becasue of the IR produced from 532nm lasers but its hard to find a good 5mw blue/violet version, and I know that 5mw is the threshold for a blink reflex to react quick enough and not cause damage so i think that is a safe starting point for me to get back into. if this is the wrong thinking please feel free to correct me. so back to my question, currently what is the best 5mw green (532nm) laser out there? after doing my initial research the best i could find was this Optotronics Product Details
is there any other laser out there that is better while still being safe, i was also hoping to find a laser with some form of lock but thats just a secondary wish at this point. thank you in advance for your input.

STI24

Hello everyone, im looking into getting back into laser again since i finally understand what they are capable of and im wondering what the best safe green laser is. I know that violet and blue are a lot safer becasue of the IR produced from 532nm lasers but its hard to find a good 5mw blue/violet version, and I know that 5mw is the threshold for a blink reflex to react quick enough and not cause damage so i think that is a safe starting point for me to get back into. if this is the wrong thinking please feel free to correct me. so back to my question, currently what is the best 5mw green (532nm) laser out there? after doing my initial research the best i could find was this Optotronics Product Details
is there any other laser out there that is better while still being safe, i was also hoping to find a laser with some form of lock but thats just a secondary wish at this point. thank you in advance for your input.

You can't go wrong with Optotronics. They have been around for a good while and have excellent reputation. The thing with most 5mW 532nm lasers is that they're usually overspec and put out a lot of IR, especially the cheap ebay ones. That one from Optotronics will have <1mW of IR.

Good luck and be safe.