Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best photo sharing site using BBcode

I'm looking for the best way to share photos on here. I'm looking to get back into posting my beamshots. Currently I upload them to my albums on LPF and use the BBcode to slap them into a thread... however. I've seen my resolution is poor compared to the original image on my HDD. I've seen other people posting images in higher res, with greater detail than my own.

Other people's images often appear larger in the threads too. Certainly they give a cleaner, more crisp image. Below is an example of one of my pics, which is far lower in detail than on my HDD. I'm not sure it shows but the image just doesn't seem crisp, it seems low res and a bit blurry.

10765-close-up-both-table-orange-clouds.jpg

I'm debating the use of Photobucket, or maybe imgur to share more pics with better res on here. I'm after a site which lets me share via BBcode and in a nice high res. I'd also like the images on the site I store them to stay there, and not disappear over time. I heard from a few people that photobucket loses their images, I've no idea if that is true or not. What do you all recommend?

Many thanks everyone! :thanks:

diachi

Imgur is a good choice, and I'm sure they still have BBCode options, they did the last time I checked (I never use them...) - although you can just type the tags yourself or use the little "insert image" button when posting that'll do it all for you, all you need is a link to the image.

Imgur also has built in edit options that you can use to resize the image, often times images are [I]too [/I]large. I like that option, saves some time!

Starting to dislike Imgur a little these days though, I've found their site and their app are becoming clunky and difficult to use, similar to other image hosting services.

I use my Dropbox account.
Very easy to use, just select the photo from your Dropbox you want to share, then past the code in.
There is a small change you need to make to the code though, so it can display properly.

All my images are resized to the forum rule of 800 px long before I save them to Dropbox.

RB

I use photobox, and have no problem using them apart for some pictures having trouble being uploaded to their website at times. I found it to be frustrating to constantly upload your pictures to your account and running out of space so I get your frustration! :yh:

-Alex

Great! Thank you everyone.

I'll experiment with a couple and see what works for me. I've dusted off my collection and have been playing with them today.

I may have been bad and bought a new laser from Sanwu... I can justify it though as it wasn't going to break the bank and it's pocket sized... so the missus will never find it... After all... she cannot nag me if she doesn't know about it! :tsk: haha! ;)

I'll crack on and get some beam shots done once the rain stops and then I can really start getting back into the hobby again! :wave:

Thank you guys :thanks:

Great! Thank you everyone.

I'll experiment with a couple and see what works for me. I've dusted off my collection and have been playing with them today.

I may have been bad and bought a new laser from Sanwu... I can justify it though as it wasn't going to break the bank and it's pocket sized... so the missus will never find it... After all... she cannot nag me if she doesn't know about it! :tsk: haha! ;)

I'll crack on and get some beam shots done once the rain stops and then I can really start getting back into the hobby again! :wave:

Thank you guys :thanks:

It's good to see you posting again! :yh:

-Alex

Thank you guys! You guys were missed. I've got photobucket... uploaded tester shots.

Hoping for a decent result.

Here we go :wave: opinions? Better detail in these shots? Sorry they aren't all laser related. They are all taken by me though on my Nikon (Except for the pic of my old Honda Civic).

I'm seeing a difference on my monitor at home... how are these to everyone else? :beer:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Looking real good Aardvark! :yh:
I've also got photobucket, it can be slow at times, but it seems to have one of the better editing capabilities compared to some of the other sites IMO.

Thank you Bow :yh: also thank you for the + rep from everyone lately, I've had a few + reps in the last few days. I'm really happy to be more involved on here again. Life has been tense lately. Things are very edgy in my personal life, so it's good to feel appreciated somewhere. My life seems to be a black comedy at times, but I figure everyone is in the same boat.

Just waiting for a much needed break in the rain to get out there and take some new beamshots. Hopefully an old friend and I are meeting up soon. He's also into photography, has his own tripod and DSLR. He expressed some interest in assisting me with a few beamshots, so who knows what may happen. I scouted a location last summer, which should provide some nice opportunities, so fingers crossed.

Thank you :beer: hopefully I'll be very active over the course of 2017. Hoping to buy a new camera at some point this year. I've had my current DSLR for nearly 6 years now :angel: