Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best laser website for 2014?

Hi!

I haven't visited this site in years and recently wanted to purchase a new laser :)
The type of laser I'd really like is a blue 445-450nm 1w!

I've previously bought a green 532nm 200mW from O-like and it still to this day performs fantastically!

The only reason I ask (and it gets asked A LOT) is because I keep reading how O-like has gone down hill lately. Then I hear so many mixed reviews about Rayfoss, laserer etc...

So just wondering, where would be the best possible place to purchase a blue 1w laser be? :) My budget will be about €130 which I know isn't a lot but I'm hoping for the best.

Thank you in advance :)

Laserbtb are on form at the moment, good quality hosts (for the most part) and those who have LPMed them generally see them above spec.

I personally have received good service from laserbtb, one slightly faulty laser but all great prices and performance.

Tmack

Second laserbtb. For quality and price, very good site. My only current laserbtb laser peaks at over 100mw over its rating.

If we're talking about websites then laserbtb is a good choose. But you could easily get a fairly overspec high quality laser from the forums. Blord and the joker make some decent ones. I don't have any from them but I hear they're great!

Tmack

I would definitely go with a builder here before any website. Lots of guys can build for you. After I bought some custom builds, I just started building my own, and selling them as I want new things. Keep an eye on the buy sell trade section for something that you'd like. Stick around and learn what you really like first

lucklaser.com . They sell them at whole sale prices and they have great customer service.

laserglow.com :D

Have been with them for sometime now and have only received excellence. Of course some of their pointers are priced higher than they should be, but buying a laser from them is easy and painless.

laserglow.com :D

Have been with them for sometime now and have only received excellence. Of course some of their pointers are priced higher than they should be, but buying a laser from them is easy and painless.

laserglow talk a good game but to be fair they have a fair few potential customers right where they need them, and I've heard less than favourable things about their after sales service, from several different sources.

The problem with buying direct from CNI is yes the goods are cheaper, but (and I heard this from the horse's mouth) they'll only accept money by wire transfer. Now, who in their right mind would send money by wire transfer - I wouldn't - I'd much rather do it by CC should anything go wrong I have the backing of the CC company. With CNI you can't do this, with laserglow you can. You also have the advantage that laserglow meters their lasers, but this also allows them to sell the same product at different price points purely because it came in at a different spec. For instance, CNI only offer the 593.5nm pen in one power rating - 0.6 -2mW. Laserglow offers two power ratings because they sell the overspec ones at a heavy premium. Clever marketing, if a bit crafty.

They also didn't so much as reply to the query I asked them on their website so I have to say I am a bit miffed with them in general ATM... all I'll say is from the various accounts I've read of people's after sales experience, and the fact that at the end of the day they just resell CNI products, they really aren't that special.

Thank you very much to everyone!
So you'd recommend buying them here before anywhere else?
I've read about laserbtb actually and it looks like a quality site! Is it true about O-like's quality taking a turn for the worse? I really liked them too...

J0SHUA

Thank you very much to everyone!
So you'd recommend buying them here before anywhere else?
I've read about laserbtb actually and it looks like a quality site! Is it true about O-like's quality taking a turn for the worse? I really liked them too...

Why not just keep reading peoples posts until you have figured out how to build your own??? Plus, its way more fun... :D

Best of luck

:beer:

Tmack

I would definitely buy from here. No Brainer. Buy from knowledgeable people. Not a company you may or may not get what you want. And you can order from within your country. No customs

lucklaser.com . They sell them at whole sale prices and they have great customer service.

not from what ive been reading, they sell underspec lasers and support sucks, one here had its laser melted they refuse to offer warranty for it unless he buys something.. u still think this is great?

Tmack

I've only heard of a couple cases where people got anything worth it. ALL the others were very disappointed with luck laser products, customer service, the whole experience. That's just what I've seen.

Sounded like an employee.

Last edited:
Making my own sounds interesting :D
I may definitely give it a try as part of a project maybe!
It sounds far safer to buy from here than anywhere else so I'll keep an eye out :)
As for LuckyLasers, I've seen quite a few people advertising them but just the name; "LuckyLasers"... Doesn't exactly sound like a trust worthy site, does it?

Last edited: