Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best Green Laser for $400-500?

Hi everybody.
I'm playing around with low-output (5-25mW) green lasers for some years now and I decided that it's time for some serious green beam :cool:

But after reading through the forums here for some hours I'm absolutely unsure which one to get.

So my question is: What is the best green Laser(pointer) for $400-500?

It does not have to be pen-sized. It's ok if it is bigger. I do more care about a very high output to have some burning-fun.

Thanks!
Ryan

Why even pay $400-500? Look at the DX website and can get a good 200mW burner for $184, with a focusable beam, better then a pensized laser.

I had trouble with my first green 200mW baton style laser from them, but they replaced it and great service, they even tested the replacement before sending it.

The thing with DX lasers if it does not go, or problems,keep sending them back till you get a good one.

Baton style are best with a focusable beam.

Another idea is why not get the red 200mW from DX for, I think round $40 plus the baton Style green laser from DX. There is a review somewhere on here for the 150mW green baton DX laser and received a great review.

I find the red a better burner then the green as it seems the red laser has a much smaller dot. Green being brighter seems harder to focus to a smaller dot then the red laser.

My red even has a longer further burning range.

Things

If you are looking to spend that much, go with either optotronics or laserglow/nova lasers. They are a few of the best companies out there for lasers. DX is a gamble, I doubt you'll really get 200mw.

yea what things said i have purchased from nova and opto the best and hear very good things about laserglow -wish i had the funds to buy one of thiers also you can never have too many lasers in your sig.. ;D

Thanks for you answers.
I looked into the DX lasers. Very reasonable pricing. But it seems that unfortunately they stopped delivering to the US. What about CNI? Is it worth looking into their lasers?

Ryan

Things

CNI is the provider of Nova lasers' lasers. One of the best laser manufacturers out there ...

They are quite expensive though, id recommend going through novalasers if you want CNI.