Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best ebay red.

Ok, I have bought many ebay lasers since I discovered them. I have many red ebay lasers, and they are way overspec, much brighter than a cheap keychain pointer. They seem to all use a universal diode, weather in the pen or 303 hosts, the brightness and beam are almost identical. Recently, I bought a Thor MII blue laser from the seller Ayoboxcom, and I noticed that the seller also has a red laser 303. In the description, I noticed they claim it is 200mw. Of course, I was suspicious it would be the same as all the other chinese red lasers, but when I received it today, it was clear the laser was different. It is much brighter than the standard red laser 303, and came with a nicer, flat top 18650. The laser is very bright for red. If someone could meter one that would be great. It can even light steel wool! Shipping took about 1 week. You won't be disappointed. Link: New Powerful Prome Red Laser Pointer Adjustable Lazer Burn Match Military | eBay.

Will post pics after it gets dark.

Hi GLR,
Nice find, I'm curious to know the output of these. Maybe another member has one from this seller and has metered it?
Looking forward to seeing your pics
Danny

Those glasses look a tad better and more quality than the standard 2$ glasses, looks like they tried to put effort into the description too. Anyway, be sure to post pics of that laser you got, I'm interested!

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
If someone could meter one that would be great. It can even light steel wool!

I'm sure someone here could LPM your laser for you. HERE is a link to LPF members with an LPM who are willing to measure your laser at no cost.
It looks as if there are 4, and possibly 5 members in California that could help you out, good luck!

I asked the seller for power readings, he sent me this picture.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 74

Razako

This is the seller I bought my THOR laser from. It works great and is considerably overspec. Best $75 laser I ever got.

Last edited:
... I bought a Thor MII blue laser from the seller Ayoboxcom, and I noticed that the seller also has a red laser 303. In the description, I noticed they claim it is 200mw.... Link: New Powerful Prome Red Laser Pointer Adjustable Lazer Burn Match Military | eBay...
I got mine (red) about a week ago and just now put it on the LPM. I get a reading of 178 mW. Not bad.
This is the seller I bought my THOR laser from. It works great and is considerably overspec. Best $75 laser I ever got.
Just metered this one at 1.80 W.

Ed

Last edited:
Ok, here are some pics of this laser outside at night.

Attachments

• image1-5.JPG
    image1-5.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 59
  • image3-2.JPG
    image3-2.JPG
    30.7 KB · Views: 63
  • image2-3.JPG
    image2-3.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 60

Razako

Yeah, gotta have some power to see the beam that well at 660nm.

seems like quite a deal for $15 then. Almost the same price as the 50mw ones you usually get. Comes with a nicer flattop battery that is rated at 1300mah. I think it is one of those cheapos, but still better than the fake Ultrafires. Cant go wrong for $15.

I just got a 650nm 301 from an eBay seller in Cali and I'm impressed! $9.99 free shipping and came with a battery & charger! Takes one 18650 and it goes in positive first. I don't have an LPM, but the beam is visible in the dark, makes dark objects smoke when focused to infinity, and burns like freaking crazy when focused to a pinpoint. I messaged the seller and was told it's 300mW, but I'm guessing it's much closer to 200. Congrats on getting a good one too yourself! 301's are always a gamble, but it seems like these red ones aren't doing too bad! But it's still a 301 XD