Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Best 100 mW for around 50 dollars?

I looked at the stickies and other threads and i just can't find the perfect one? Do you guys recommend anything specifically. I'd be willing to go a little above if i knew i was getting an extremely good buy! So whatdya say, any good sources for the things I'm asking for?

Lazerer is a good company to buy from, they guarantee their power and have good customer service. There are multiple hosts to choose from that vary in appearance and prices fluctuate a bit from host to host, but these are some options.

LZSK - 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer
LZTN - 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer
LZCS - 532nm 100mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

You will definitely need safety goggles before you buy any powerful lasers, so make sure you have enough in your budget to get them.

Thanks dude, i was looking at lazerer anyway so this is like confirmation!

No problem, just make sure you get safety glasses ;) and not to point at any passing aircraft! The Classic host and Stick both are solid builds, and the Tiny is smaller and more compact. Feel free to ask if you have any other questions!

IF it's focusable, do you think that a 50 mW 532 could cut tape, pop balloons, etc?

It should be able to, as long as it's focused to the right place. If your main goal is to burn you probably should get the higher powered one. Do you plan on doing anything else with it? Personally I think 100mW is a good deal, not too expensive but well suited for most applications. After all, it's only around $10 for the extra 50mW.

Last edited:
dont get the classic, i got it in the 100mw version, it dont pop balloons, doesnt light matches, and only smoke electrical tape. something to do witht he heatsinking or something, but its rubbish so yeah.

yeah it focused, it cant even make a hole in black plastic if the plastic is in the focal point (sweet spot)

edit: lazerer itself is not a bad company, i emailed max, the owner, and he agreed to replace or exchange it for me, but i didnt want to wait ages for shipping and stuff, so i kept the laser.

Last edited:
I would say the HL100 532 from SKYlasers. it's 55$, and they'll give you a 10% coupon code if you ask

tynan

I've owned and played around with multiple 5mW lasers for 2 years now and am looking to go bigger. I was going to buy a 100mW tonight, but of course Lazerer is down for maintenance! So, I might as well try and learn something before I decide which model to buy.

In addition to the 3 Lazerer greenies already posted above, I was looking at these two:

HL 532nm 100mW
LP 532nm 100mW

I am leaning towards the HL because it says it has a longer range and longer lifetime than the LP. Is this because the HL has a Beam Diameter at Aperture (mm) of <2.1, compared to the LP which has a diameter of <1.5? That is the only real difference I could find between the two.

Since I currently can't view the other three links, I will have to wait until they come back up to compare them with these two laserbtb units.

And yes, I am going to purchase safety goggles. I'm thinking of getting the Dragon Lasers pair unless there is a cheaper (but still safe) pair out there. I am still in college after all...

Last edited:

tynan

You can vouch for them? I was considering those goggles too, but I read that review thread and all the controversy that went along with it. It seems that since i'm only using a 100 mW laser they should work fine for my purposes.