Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BEAMSHOT COMPETITION! w/ prizes :) anyone can enter (**ENTRIES CLOSED**)!

Re: BEAMSHOT COMPETITION! w/ prizes :) anyone can enter (deadline 11/18)!

bennett,

I really don't know. Looking at these new 635nm it seems they have worse divergence than the my CNI unit, but maybe because the lenses.

How much did that CNI unit cost you?

:(
I'm going to crap my pants if I don't get a 635nm soon

LaZeRz

How about this one.:eg:

p1013894.jpg

Bye bye wall.

DTR, do you receive marketing money from Marlboro? :D Half of your pics have a box of Marlboro in it :crackup:

Cheers

It's cheaper than a real smoke machine :p

On topic:
Crap! How I wish I'd seen this last week when I was at home... I could have stolen my dad's DSLR to spend ages playing with in the woods late into the night, unloading smoke from my aerosol and hundreds of grams of sugar\nitrate. Ah well, will have to trawl the halls looking for someone with a decent camera I can borrow. *sigh*

How about this one.:eg:

p1013894.jpg

WOOWWWW ! :drool: What kind of laser is this? It has several LD right?

Last edited:

LaZeRz

Dat 473nm :drool:

To answer Diogo's question: Thats 24 LD's straight out of the projector :)

Last edited:

Maybe i can tak to Clif at Cajunlasers.com and work something out with him and we could have a 635nm in a C6 host as the grand prize.

Though thinking about it, the person with the capabilities of making the best beamshot is the one who least likely needs a new laser.

Might stick with the C6 kit & driver for this and have some sort of other competition after this one for a new 635nm laser

Lase

Though thinking about it, the person with the capabilities of making the best beamshot is the one who least likely needs a new laser.

I was thinking this.

Would it be possible to do this in categories, as there are many people on LPF that have some amazing high quality photos of laser rainbows and exotic wavelengths, and it may put of members that may not have an expansive camera or laser, even though they can still make some amazing pictures.

Thought I'd mention this as it's how I was thinking yesterday.

Lase

Maybe i can tak to Clif at Cajunlasers.com and work something out with him and we could have a 635nm in a C6 host as the grand prize.

Might stick with the C6 kit & driver for this and have some sort of other competition after this one for a new 635nm laser

Still would be awesome if you could get something like that! :)

I was thinking this.

Would it be possible to do this in categories, as there are many people on LPF that have some amazing high quality photos of laser rainbows and exotic wavelengths, and it may put of members that may not have an expansive camera or laser, even though they can still make some amazing pictures.

Thought I'd mention this as it's how I was thinking yesterday.

Lase

I still kind of stand by what I said earlier that creativity plays a really big role in this (it's wholly possible for someone with only a 50mW green to do very well). It's a good idea to possibly divide into categories but I think that could complicate things a bit too much for now.. Another idea I had was to do another beamshot competition a bit after this one that divides by wavelength or something. This is more of a testing-the-waters comp for now though so I'm just going to leave it as a free for all!

589nm goodness. Its like a mini sun. :)

589nmsmall.jpg

Last edited:

Fiddy

^^^Nom nom nom!

Fiddy

haha!

oy, i attempted a 10 laser beam shot similar to your avatar, how many people did you use to turn them all on at once? or did you go solo?

It was me and DarkSide (another lpfer) in his backyard... but I turned most of them on myself...

Kind of ashamed to admit it, but a couple were HOT when I got around to turning them off.

Altogether they were on for maybe 3 minutes or so:eek:

Hard to get a good shot though... seeing all those beams from the side was epic though.

Fiddy

Oh nice!

I did a solo effort, lit the whole backyard up lol

yeah i agree about getting a good shot, mine where all pretty crap, gunna have to get a helping hand i think.