Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Beam Shots: Diffraction, Lumia pictures added(pic heavy)

Tmack

3w hitting the clouds

Diffraction shots

370mw hitting the clouds

Back to the diffraction

Over the camp fire

100mw 532 180mw 405 240mw 638

370mw 532 700mw 638 1300mw 445

100mw fog

Little lumia fun

Last edited:

Tmack

Re: Beam Shots: pictures added

Thanks guys. Added some shots. Man I need a camera

CameronJP

That circle pattern was my favorite over the last campfire I was at! I had a ~25mw 532, so it wasn't as bright especially the center... but the bright middle ones made a super trippy tunnel!

Last edited:

Tmack

That picture looks deceivingly small. The design was huge over top the fire. Everyone loved the effects caps. :)

Last edited:

brucemir

LPF Site Supporter

Hey Tmack,
Some nice shots to the start of your laser photography endeavors! Keep on shooting

Tmack

Means a lot from the master :)

Really enjoyed just setting up these simple shots. Maybe one day ill have more than a tiny room to shoot in, and some quality gear...........like a camera haha. Feels wrong setting up shots and making sure they are just so,,, to pick up my phone and snap a "picture"

brucemir

LPF Site Supporter

Tmack,
One step at a time, you will get there. When I started shooting lasers at the beginning a had one laser, one grating, and a camera. In a year and a half, well, I have built my own stands customized to my needs, purchased ring stands, clamps, tripods, many crystals, prisms, gratings, etc, and a shit load of lasers. I would be scared to add up what I have actually spent, and more scared if my wife know that total! Save up to purchase a camera and you will get the photographic bug to shoot lasers as I have

Tmack

I defiantly want to get some stands that you have to hold the handheld and grating directly in front. Looks perfect when you show you setup.

And I know there are so many cameras out there I wouldn't know where to begin. I have no prior knowledge about photography.

For the diffraction shots I was using lab style lasers. At first I was curios as to why you always used handhelds. Now I see with the angles you shoot, there would really be no way to mount a lab laser.

Last edited:

Javalin

Man, those pictures are SICK! Can't belive I missed this thread. I'm lucky that my girlfriend does jewelry, lots of crystals to play with. In fact she wanted to pick up a few more, I always bring my laser into the little shop ;)

Just need a diffraction grating. Do you guys use the plastic sheets or glass?

Tmack

I'm setting up a mini group buy from dragon lasers. I can get up to 8 for the same shipping. Plus I'm a gold member, so I get a small discount I can share with anyone interested.

I used the film for these, but I want the glass from dragon. They are the best

Last edited:

Tmack

Diffraction gratings

Brucemir - 3 fan
Javalin - 1fan- 1matrix
Tmack - 2fan 1matrix

So for now shipping would be $6 guys. Awesome.

If more are interested I can extend the order

Last edited:

Tmack

Anyone know if the dragon gratings can be cut??? I have a glass cutter but would hate to ruin one.