Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Beam Expander mounted on an RPL

I thought I'd share a quick picture of my Melles Griot Beam Expander mounted to my RPL400 via a custom made mount.  Simply unscrew the aperture shutter, screw the custom mount/adapter in it's place and then screw the Melles Griot Beam Expander into the adapter, I think it looks great!

It's crap rain outside so I haven't given it a long haul yet, but inside the house at a distance of 40 feet I was able to instantly pop a balloon with this setup, sorry I don't have way to record it easily.

Attachments

• RPL400_BeamExpander.JPG
    RPL400_BeamExpander.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 170

daguin

I've been thinking about getting one to play with. Your "installation" looks very clean.

Nicely done.

Peace,
dave

VW

Very nice! Beam expanders are the way forward like, can't wait to get mine for the Spartan...

would you mined taking some measurements for me?
i am actually thinking about buying one of these and the adapter but on their main web page they say that it is designed for a 1mm beam and the RPL has a 2mm beam and their suppose to have an exit of 3mm but 3x at 2mm would be 6mm so when you get the beam out of the other side is it 6mm in dia or choked down to 3?

also ware did you get yours at? and how much ?

f22warzone said:
i am actually thinking about buying one of these and the adapter but on their main web page they say that it is designed for a 1mm beam and the RPL has a 2mm beam and their suppose to have an exit of 3mm but 3x at 2mm would be 6mm so when you get the beam out of the other side is it 6mm in dia or choked down to 3?

Son, can't you read ? The op said from where he bought it

steve001 said:
[quote author=f22warzone link=1217689376/0#7 date=1217701207]would you mined taking some measurements for me?

Son, can't you read ? The op said from where he bought it[/quote]

OK i must be blind because i still don't see where he bough it from .... could you point it out ... fo real :p

awesome! next I'd like to see someone get the beam expander on a laser without screwing it on. Say a dealextreme laser or something..

f22warzone said:
[quote author=steve001 link=1217689376/0#8 date=1217704854][quote author=f22warzone link=1217689376/0#7 date=1217701207]would you mined taking some measurements for me?

Son, can't you read ? The op said from where he bought it[/quote]

OK i must be blind because i still don't see where he bough it from .... could you point it out ... fo real :p[/quote]

He bought the expander from Melles Griot

mikeeey said:
awesome! next I'd like to see someone get the beam expander on a laser without screwing it on. Say a dealextreme laser or something..
What would be so difficult about that? LG doesn't screw theirs on, but I like this setup MUCH better than the way LG does it.

f22warzone said:

Hey there your example of math doesn't work here, using your example and a 10x beam expander the beam would be useless, and that's not even to mention the 20x model they sell too.

I really don't have any need to take any measurements because I can just look at the spot from a distance & tell you it's small, want it to be bigger? turn the focus ring. I think your misunderstanding how these things work, take a look at this maybe it will help you;

http://www.mellesgriot.com/pdf/X_16_3-8.pdf

all right then yes i am confused.... :-/
and that pdf really didn't do any thing :p could you possibly explain or anybody ?

and he didn't have to buy it form mellsgriot as i am looking at that same one now but not from them but it is their product he could have bought it from a another member or something that is why i was asking.