Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Be Careful Out There, Folks

Ah. Nature is raising the stakes. Maybe people will wise up a bit.

Nahhh... they won't.

Resistance to antibiotics is actually a much, much wider problem.

For numerous "common" infections, antibiotics are no longer working. New antibiotics are not being developed at anywhere near a sufficient rate to outpace bacteria adapting.

By their very nature, hospitals are creating super bugs... and even now people are dying from drug resistant skin infection, that in the 60's, 80's or even 90's were not an issue.

With regards to this... just wear a freaking condom. Personally I'm more paranoid about the other great disease... you know the one that you're stuck with for 18 years at a minimum...

ped

Personally I'm more paranoid about the other great disease... you know the one that you're stuck with for 18 years at a minimum...

Indeed.

I'm currently in line to get the snip, so I cant spread this particular disease.

sinner

This all due to antibiotics practice in common clinical treatments is broad-spectrum.. meaning that they donot supply the micro-organism specific therapy..

IF you must use an anti-biotic for certain disease make sure you do complete the whole treatment course of xx_days.. Discontinuation of the treatment without prescription is the main cause of anti-biotic resistance bacterias to develop..

I dont know , that HPV seems a bit of a mother effer, and in men you can be a carrier spreading it all your life..

Atleast there is a vaccine for HPV (the cancer causing strains anyway). I for one think that boys should be getting the vaccine too, not just girls. I don't see any reason for us to be not doing this. I think most men would want to protect against becoming a carrier and possibly giving a potentially cancer causing disease to a loved one.

Then again there are lots of people against vaccines for various reasons...conspiracy theories etc..

I once worked with a man who's wife gave birth to a baby girl. When discussing vaccines he told me they had decided that she would not get the HPV vaccine because she would not be having sex until she was married and then only with her husband.

I felt that was rediculous. Even *if* she follows that perfect little plan they have laid out for her, her husband could already be a carrier! His response was not if he's a virgin too.....I gave up.

I once worked with a man who's wife gave birth to a baby girl. When discussing vaccines he told me they had decided that she would not get the HPV vaccine because she would not be having sex until she was married and then only with her husband.

I felt that was rediculous. Even *if* she follows that perfect little plan they have laid out for her, her husband could already be a carrier! His response was not if he's a virgin too.....I gave up.

No facepalm picture, or banghead smiley is quite enough to convey how people like that make me feel.

Even in extremely conservative cultures, young kids always have, and always will f*ck around.

daguin

Study Shows Teens Unfaithful to Virginity Pledges
What do Americans who took virginity pledges have in common with those who voted for George W. Bush for President? For one, many people in both groups later denied they did any such thing. And to be sure, they got screwed just the same.
Those are just two of the findings from a new study by the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. Looking at previous data regarding premarital sexual behavior, the analysis focuses "on teens who had similar values about sex and other issues before they took a virginity pledge." As author Janet E. Rosenbaum put it, "Taking a pledge doesn't seem to make any difference at all in any sexual behavior, but it does seem to make a difference in condom use and other forms of birth control that is quite striking." The Washington Post summarized the findings:
The new analysis of data from a large federal survey found that more than half of youths became sexually active before marriage regardless of whether they had taken a "virginity pledge," but that the percentage who took precautions against pregnancy or sexually transmitted diseases was 10 points lower for pledgers than for non-pledgers.

PERRspectives: Study Shows Teens Unfaithful to Virginity Pledges

Peace,
dave

Yup, unfortunately these same places that have virginity pledges, tend to advocate, and teach the abstinence only approach... so instead of kids learning to spend a few bucks on a condom they, well they don't and just f*ck around.

Of course the same places also tend to be conservative and anti-abortion... hello teen mom and kid destined to live in poverty.

Indeed.

I'm currently in line to get the snip, so I cant spread this particular disease.

Yes I had this infection 2x!!! It tends to grow on you though and spreads over taking your entire life...