Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BDR-203 8x BR bare diodes only $47 delivered

Morgan

Hi Guys,

I have another GB for you...

This may be a moot point with the arrival and interest for cheap 12x sleds but supply may not be gauranteed long term and it's always good to have a fallback position. So, in the interests of a reserve trench I can offer you...

The Sony SLD3236VF diode! This is the one found in the BDR-203 Sled so, we are familiar with it. Graphs and documented outputs can be found with a search, (I will post this info later but this PC I'm on is painfully slow and keeps crashing! If anyone finds the info before I do I'd appreciate a link to add here.)

I tested one of these last week and the results were posted in the link below with a graph kindly made from the results by Goninanbl00d, (please do your own search just to compare.) -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/supposed-8x-what-do-you-think-55354.html

They appear to be pre-installation diodes with very long pins that are pretinned for 2-3mm. I've not seen many of those offered in the past so there is no sled extraction or hazardous extraction from the heatsink. Just chuck it in your module and hook it up!

I will offer them at $47 delivered worldwide. I think these will eventually go into stock so may become available on an, "as you need them", basis but at present a GB is the sensible way to go.

I hope these will be of interest as well as the 12x as the price and convenience is well worth it.

As ever, you will let me know by your interest so over to you again.

No figures fixed just yet for the end of the buy so we'll see how it goes. It may be slow for responses during this first week back at college, (adult learner, BTW! I'm no spring chicken anymore!), but I will keep an eye and reply as often as I can.

Preliminary target to hit is 20 although this may be subject to change.

The LIST!

viperx1101 - 2 - Not Paid
CoherentLight - 1 - Not Paid

Numbers left - 17

Thanks,

M
:)

Last edited:

I would definately be down for at least 2 maybe 3 of these diodes.

I really like the 8X's and for the price you are offering, I cannot pass this up!!!

But, at the moment I do not have the funds, so when would you need money by,
and what is the magic number you are trying to reach?

Thanks morgan for putting this up!! :yh:

I would be down for these as well as the 12x, but You know my situation
violin.gif
Hopefully that will change in time to partake in both of Your GB's

Morgan

Okay, I guess I'll make it 20 for now as the interest is slow but I don't get the impression from my supplier that stocks are as tight so... Let me get the 12x sleds shipped out, (they should arrive in a week or so), and see the state of play then. If there are more wanted then fine, I'll extend it, but I'll ask for cash closer to the time. Again, because stocks are not as critical, placing the order is also not so critical.

Thanks for the interest, I'll add your names with the higher figures you quoted for now and just keep checking back.

This will be a slower GB I feel and that's just fine with me for the moment!

Thanks guys,

M

I would not take these past the 250-260 mA range for longevity. With jays lens it should give you about 300mW. I can't back this up that is why I was ranging my speculative reply.

Thanks for the interest, I'll add your names with the higher figures you quoted for now and just keep checking back.

This will be a slower GB I feel and that's just fine with me for the moment!

The idea of this being a slow GB sounds great to me. :yh:

But, due to calculating my funds and where they need to go, I think I will only be able to afford 2 (instead of 3) when the time comes.
Sorry about that...

But when this finally happens, I will definately have the money needed for the 2 diodes!!!

Last edited:
Morgan,

Thanks a lot for being understanding. :)

I can only hope that lots more people will want to get on this GB as well!!!

Morgan

^ This I am discovering. It's all of a rush to sign up, then it's just waiting, waiting, waiting...

I am patient though and will call it when it's on. This GB thing is a new fish to me and the responsibility is a little scary. For the 12x sleds though, limited stock drove it pretty fast. I'm not totally comfortable with that but hopefully it was the exception to the rule.

M

:bumpit:

I would like this to gain more interest and momemtum cause I killed my 8x and would
like some more in the near future, rather than far future.

People, this is a really hard to beat price, get it while the getting is good.

Cause 405nm is, IMO, the most pleasent to look at and the best wavelength for burning.
Once the 445 hype dies down I think people will move back to 405, or at least the cool people will... :D!!!

...well, I said all I needed to the first time, so why not quote myself...

Also Morgan, I really hope you still plan on keeping this going...let me know!

I would like this to gain more interest and momemtum cause I killed my 8x and would
like some more in the near future, rather than far future.

People, this is a really hard to beat price, get it while the getting is good.

Cause 405nm is, IMO, the most pleasent to look at and the best wavelength for burning.
Once the 445 hype dies down I think people will move back to 405, or at least the cool people will... :D!!!

OH I thought it was the SO6J and I was like.. Whaaa. Then I was like oh... Ha

Morgan

Hey viper,

Bit cagey on this one given recent price drops from O-like and Rayfoss. They're both doing the 12x SF-BW512Ls for $50! I don't know if that's a delivered price but still...

I was trying to get hold of some for JETLASERS but my supplier didn't have any at that time. I will ask again, (and would certainly expect a better deal now), but I would have a look at the 12x for that price...

If I hear any more interesting news then I'll post here, (and I'll try and send you a PM too).

Best I can say right now.

M