Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

BBO / LBO did anyone try?

.3lite

Hello guys,

I was wondering if anyone tried to double any wavelength using these crystals without coated thing? I mean no coated crystal, I was thinking about it, since for example BBO crystal is quite cheap on ebay:

Castech BBO 2x2x10mm A-CUT 2 Faces Polished Crystal - eBay (item 290406960963 end time Jul-25-10 02:08:47 PDT)

But still, there is no point to waste 25 bucks to try doubling any wavelength if it won't work, but I'm thinking that without coated crystal it should do the same, am I right? Just much less effective.

If anyone has any info about that, please post, would be nice to read something about it.

btw. I didn't know which forum to choose for this thread.

Trevor

If it were easy, we'd be pumping these with huge 808nm diodes to get scads of ~404nm. It's worth a try playing with optics and orientation, but I wouldn't expect greatness.

-Trevor

.3lite

If it were easy, we'd be pumping these with huge 808nm diodes to get scads of ~404nm. It's worth a try playing with optics and orientation, but I wouldn't expect greatness.

-Trevor

I did not say it's easy, I've asked if it is possible without coated crystal to double any wavelength, allright so it's worth, anyone can confirm that? I mean, if no coated BBO/LBO crystal can double any wavelength for exampl 980/830 and so on?