Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery recommendations?

I have been doing a bit of expiramenting with my 150 mW green and I noticed that not only do I have less than ten minutes of burning out of a totally new set of batteries, but some batteries seem to have no burning capabilities when I first insert them!!!!!! >:mad: Should I get in contact with customer support? Should I buy new/different batteries? Do I have to live with this? Really, for $300?

Well.. first off, which laser do you have? And what batteries ARE you using? I'd like to help you, I just need more information. There could be numerous solutions to something like this.

The 150mW green pointer. It takes AAAs I've used a few, alakine (energizer) disposables just kill me to buy though, it makes this expensive gadget expensive to maintain... So I got some duracell rechargeables, right now NiMH 800mAh. Also I had some 1000 mAh duracells too, these seemed to work the best... Excuse my ignorance, I know nothing of batteries... :|

Well.. first off, which laser do you have? And what batteries ARE you using? I'd like to help you, I just need more information. There could be numerous solutions to something like this.

It seems to be the 150mw one in the signature.

And you're sure this won't overload my laser? Because the standard AAA rechargeables I'm using now are only 1.2 v these say they're 3.7 v?

I want to say it would be fine, but I'm not particularly certain.. I know it should work for my PHR, but I'm not sure about greenies. Maybe they're the same?

Okay then, I contacted skylasers... Hopefully they answer intelligently this time, rather than directly quoting, then directing me to the user's guide... Thank you for the suggestion and if they say yes then cool, I might be able to actually see my laser at peak preformance! :D

Using both of the 10440's in your green will probably cook it, that's 8.4v initially and arouns 7v in for the life of the battery, which if you drain completely, will die, you'll need a spacer and one battery. jwc did something similar on his site, jwcxz.com.

Improving Cheap Green Laser Pointers @ JWC.blog

I want to say it would be fine, but I'm not particularly certain.. I know it should work for my PHR, but I'm not sure about greenies. Maybe they're the same?

Do not use those batteries at all. They put out, up to 4.2v each. Standrad AA or AAA have a output of only 1.5v.

Where are you getting this battery knowledge.....:wtf:
Why bother advising someone if you are not sure...:eek:

You can NOT use 2pc of 3.7 Volt batteries which equal 7.4Volts
to power a Laser that was designed for 2pc of 1.5Volt batteries
which equal 3.0Vots..
Doing so will guarantee a Dead Laser....:cryyy:

It's just common sense...:cool:

Jerry

Where are you getting this battery knowledge.....:wtf:
Why bother advising someone if you are not sure...:eek:

You can NOT use 2pc of 3.7 Volt batteries which equal 7.4Volts
to power a Laser that was designed for 2pc of 1.5Volt batteries
which equal 3.0Vots..
Doing so will guarantee a Dead Laser....:cryyy:

It's just common sense...:cool:

Jerry
I'm really just pulling assumptions from that I run my PHR off of a 9V while I wait for my batteries to arrive and it runs fine.
Just trying to be a little help is all :p

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm stupid. I keep forgetting that all of the different diodes and such stand up to different Voltages. >.<

Last edited:
Look, the problem you are having is of voltage not capacity. You need to use the standard alkalai. Not rechargeables. If you want to use a rechargeable you need to grab yourself 1 of those 10440 batteries that were mentioned earlier and then use a spacer.This will actually increase your lasers output in most cases. Rechargeable AAA batteries are crap for green lasers. Leave them in your remote controls and such. Hope this helps. Also putting 2 10440 batteries in your laser will cause it to burn alright but it will be an internal thing.