Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery orientation

I have Challenger II but I'm unfamiliar and uncertain how the batteries should be inserted. Is it positive facing outwards or facing inward?

Sta

The Challenger II is case negative, which means positive facing inwards. :)

In reguards to inserting batteries backwards. Don't do it. Lost a few diodes and drivers this way. Probably the easiest way to destroy a laser aside from dropping it.

Turned it on works as expected. Now let me digress for a bit. The optic unexpectedly creates a square pattern on one side. It's definitely the optic. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. I think I'll start a thread later about it since this isn't about batteries.

Sta

Turned it on works as expected. Now let me digress for a bit. The optic unexpectedly creates a square pattern on one side. It's definitely the optic. I'm not sure what exactly is causing it. I think I'll start a thread later about it since this isn't about batteries.

That square pattern is the diode reflection, it's normal with G2 lenses (and a bit less so with G7). Which wavelength and power is it?

That square pattern is the diode reflection, it's normal with G2 lenses (and a bit less so with G7). Which wavelength and power is it?

It's a G7 and 900mw. I wonder if a different lens would eliminate that reflection. In another thread of mine someone posted the lens description and what was described was a positive menicus lens. Would a plano-convex lens get rid of that reflection? Such a well made device should not have that problem. Let's move this to here.

http://laserpointerforums.com/f49/g7-lens-what-97473.html

Last edited:

Chuckh

The laser pointers I have seen all take the batteries negative end first. That is even the same for ones found at some local electronic stores that are 5mW or less. That is what you might hope they are since many people use those without eye protection because of their low power. I have a cat and I am reluctant to use even cheap red ones to play with her because I know that they can be bad for its eyes.

Last edited: