Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery Operated Soldering Iron

This is one of those "As seen on TV" deals from long ago. The graphite tips breaks almost immediately and then its junk. Dont waste your cash.

Oops..took a second look and it looks like a regular tip. Still probably junk. If battery powered soldering guns worked well, you'd see them in all the big tool retail stores.

Last edited:
Ask yourself if you really, really need it to be wireless. You need at least 80W for a soldering iron to do the job properly, I don't think batteries would last long enough.

HIMNL9

Low power battery operated soldering iron ..... good for some emergency repairs (soldering some wires, a connector, made some emergency on-the-fly retouches), but not for long use.

For long usage in portable conditions, i suggest you to get a gas soldering iron, or to build yourself one with a 12V 20W soldering iron and a pair of lead/gel batteries ..... still the gas unit is the better choice, anyway ;)

I use a Butane powered Soldering Iron when I do service calls in an area
without electrical power...

Jerry

mfo

Thanks for the feedback guys. I guess I'm going to go with a Butane powered iron. Anyone have any recommendations?

HIMNL9

If the budget is not a problem, i suggest you Weller Pyropen ..... high cost, but good quality ..... also the old types are good, i have one from 5 years, and is stil working good.

I know there's also a Maplin unit that is near-professional, at least from the descriptions, but don't have tried it personally.

Do not buy those "cheapy" little units that you find around for 8 or 10 euro, at least if you don't plan to use them only few times (i destroyed 2 of them in a pair of months).