Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

battery life of novalasers x-series and alpha-seri

well i just read something about x-150's needing fresh batteries every 10 minutes or so, so are the specs trustable on novalasers(1-2hours on standard batteries) and on the alpha series 2-3hours?

Razako

Re: battery life of novalasers x-series and alpha-

You need to change the batteries often if you want it to keep burning. The batteries may last for a couple of hours but the laser will be pretty weak by the end.

hmmm crap... well all i care about(well most) is the beam visibility, cause i bought an alpha 105 and battery life is pretty imortant for me(still waiting for it to arrive) :)

ben74

i regret not buying a alpha instead of a x series because of battery life

Well my x series will run for a solid 30 minutes with burning power on sanyo eneloop rechargeables. I do notice that it eats batteries fast, but 10 minutes is an extreme exaggeration. I can play with it on and off for a day and the batteries will last the whole day without the laser noticeably dropping in power.

Just as razako said, it will last about 2 hours but the burning power would be gone by then, fortunately if your using it for pointing it will still be about the same brightness throughout the battery life.

For me i get about about 20-30 minutes of burning on sanyo eneloops, with the absolute best burning being about 10 minutes long.... im thinking of getting a 2"c" battery holder and putting that on the outside with alligator clips to the spring and case, that should give me about an hour of max power.... And for pointing they would last around 5 hours, probably more!

...lazer.... ;D ;D ;D