Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Battery compartment too wide

My battery compartment is too wide, making the batteries rattle around A LOT. to most people this wound be fine but I have mild OCD, making it intolerable. I'm thinking of widening the batteries with tape. What do you suggest(as long as it doesn't involve taking the whole thing apart)?

Just wrap it in a few layers of tape, it'd be to much trouble to modify the laser

Roll a piece of paper and put it in the barrel. This way you don't need to tape every set of batteries you use.

daguin

Battlefrank said:
BUt wouldn't a piece of paper slide down to the electric works and kill it?

Paper isn't conductive. If you don't want it to move, place a drop of glue on the end of the piece of paper.

Peace,
dave

Err... it's paper.  :-?

You'll be to judge if it will kill anything. Look down the barrel and see what could possibly happen.

daguin

Battlefrank said:
You know... paper cuts could kill it!

Aaaaaahhhhhhhh . . . . . . .

I had totally forgotten about the dreaded "death of a thousand paper cuts" curse <shudder>

Peace,
dave

jayrob

A couple of more ideas...

You could just put a piece of that 'foam type' double sided tape on each battery and leave the protective layer on the outside.

Or better yet, you could cut a strip of plastic from a milk container or a 2 liter bottle to just the right size, so that you can 'roll' it into a nice sleeve that can be glued inside the barrel! ;)
Jay

just use everybodies idea and combine it like this. wrap batteries in one layer of paper. then wrap the paper in one laye of tape at time until it fits then wrap one more layer of paper around that adhered with spray glue. now you have a battery sheath. :cool:

michael