Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Laser Pointer Store

Batteries

Southpaw

New member
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
35
Points
0
Hey, ive got a host that supports 3AAA, but my driver needs 7-11V, i know that there is 3.7V AAA's out there. If i get two 3.7V AAA, put them in and then add 1 1.5V AAA? Would that work or do they have to be the same voltage? And if its not, how do i build a spacer to go into the 3rd spot?
 

danq

New member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
835
Points
0
Southpaw said:
Hey, ive got a host that supports 3AAA, but my driver needs 7-11V, i know that there is 3.7V AAA's out there. If i get two 3.7V AAA, put them in and then add 1 1.5V AAA? Would that work or do they have to be the same voltage? And if its not, how do i build a spacer to go into the 3rd spot?
A spacer can be made of almost anything stiff enough to hold up and small enough to fit the battery compartment. cardboard, wads of paper, plastic, section of a candy cane, a stick, dowel, acorn (CR123)... probably not mashed potatoes, but maybe a raw one... don't forget carrots, they come in different  widths and are easy to trim to exact length....

hey, ya know.... it doesn't even have to be Round! it could be a Square Thing!

anyhow, all those things can work, as long as you add a wire that connects two contacts, one on each end; and position those to touch the battery and contact that you're trying to connect.

That's about it. Some tech-head may try to tell you exactly how to do it, but don't let 'em take all the fun out of it for you ;-)

okay, ok... simple recipee: dowel of appropriate diameter. electrical tape. wire. 2 wood screws, to be fancy.

  :)
DanQ
 

Southpaw

New member
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
35
Points
0
haha thanks, so basically i just need a wire to run to each sides on the empty slot?
 

danq

New member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
835
Points
0
Southpaw said:
haha thanks, so basically i just need a wire to run to each sides on the empty slot?
yeah. you could just hard-wire it if it's one of those cylindrical 3-battery holders; save-a-dowel or whatever ;-)

or you could change to a different driver, and see if a single 18650 or something will fit in the chamber instead...

DanQ
 

Southpaw

New member
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
35
Points
0
yea, i would have got the flexdrive, but theres no more of them for like a month. It would make this easier lol
 

marks47

New member
Joined
Sep 18, 2007
Messages
114
Points
0
Why don't you just get 3 10440's and stick them in? That comes out to 11.1 volts... Surely it's within tolerance?
I guess fresh batteries might be a little higher, but I have a hard time believing your driver would fry from that.
 

potatorage

Banned
Joined
Mar 20, 2008
Messages
1,341
Points
0
It creates excess heat, which can cause problems at higher voltages. It will fry unless given a strict duty cycle.
 

Southpaw

New member
Joined
Jan 14, 2009
Messages
35
Points
0
hey, sry for bring this back up, i just thought i would reply in an old section instead of make a new thread.
So my question is can i mix batteries? Can i put 2 10440's in with 1 regular AAA in? the voltages would be different (3.6V and 1.5V) so could this work?
 

Raybo

Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2008
Messages
534
Points
18
Southpaw said:
hey, sry for bring this back up, i just thought i would reply in an old section instead of make a new thread.
So my question is can i mix batteries? Can i put 2 10440's in with 1 regular AAA in? the voltages would be different (3.6V and 1.5V) so could this work?

That would be a recipe for disaster.....Do not mix battery chemistries or batteries of different voltages.

You might have a melt down or possible explosion.
 




Top