Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Batteries + Customs

dustmite

What is all the fuss about receiving packages international through customs with batteries inside? I just received my laser from TheJoker301 in Israel, sent to New York, WITH A BATTERY + CHARGER, and received it in less than a week.

It was labeled for customs as a flashlight + charger + battery.

As dustin said here ^^ ... just want to get it clear that batteries does get to the u.s.

I have sent a lot of batteries over the past year ... non of them were taken by customs.

:beer:

Last edited:
Because if customs suspect your importing a laser theres more chances of them looking at it when they can see from the x-ray that theres a battery and all they'll have to do is screw on a tailcap... Where as if theres not a battery they have to try and figure it out for themselves...

Because if customs suspect your importing a laser theres more chances of them looking at it when they can see from the x-ray that theres a battery and all they'll have to do is screw on a tailcap... Where as if theres not a battery they have to try and figure it out for themselves...
Understand what you are saying ... but I do not think that they will actually try to turn it on.

I am just saying that from my own experiance.

I do not want to argue or anything. I am still selling lasers with or without batteries :)

Understand what you are saying ... but I do not think that they will actually try to turn it on.

I am just saying that from my own experiance.

I do not want to argue or anything. I am still selling lasers with or without batteries :)
Yeah, of course. I was just trying to give a possible reason. I know out here the law is a handheld laser that emits more than 1mW and is battery operated... So for customs to seize it they have to physicially turn it on and meter it with a reading over 1mW whilst it's running off batteries. That would be my guess as to why people prefer not to ship with batteries.

Yeah, of course. I was just trying to give a possible reason. I know out here the law is a handheld laser that emits more than 1mW and is battery operated... So for customs to seize it they have to physicially turn it on and meter it with a reading over 1mW whilst it's running off batteries. That would be my guess as to why people prefer not to ship with batteries.
Yes Australian customs are very tough ... I was in brisbane twice .. visited my family there ... Although the customs are not so good , it is a great country to live in :beer: