Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batteries and chargers.

Hey guys... I ordered me the arcane 2.0 520nm 1 watt a couple weeks back... The sci-fi website isn't clear on what exact batteries I will need for this exact laser.. Can someone let me know exactly what type of batteries and charger I will need? I can't seem to get a hold of Eitan either.

Rivem

2 16340 (or maybe 18350) lipo cells. Get them online or at a vape shop. Standard lithium round cell chargers are plenty avalable online as well. Get a double charger if you don't like waiting.

Edit: Brand quality makes a difference in LiPos. Brands like AW, Nitecore, Panasonic, Samsung, LG, etc are usually regarded as better. More mAh means more use per charge. Quality means more charge cycles. Good brands are more honest on their numbers.

Also, as Pi said, get the button, not flat top.

Last edited:
If you read on the website page it says 2× 16430.... But if you open the owners manual it says 2× 16340... One of them must be wrong.

Rivem

If you read on the website page it says 2× 16430.... But if you open the owners manual it says 2× 16340... One of them must be wrong.

There's no such thing as a 16430. Numbers were mixed.
Edit: Also, if 18350s are an option for the one you got, you might want to consider them since they won't rattle around as much and have more run time.

Last edited:
I figured as much... But wanted to ask first.. Thanks for the help guys.. Just didn't want to get my laser and have the wrong batteries... So who better to ask then you guys.

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the 3.7 and the 3.6 volt 16340 batteries... Will either work for my laser?

Does anyone know if there is a difference between the 3.7 and the 3.6 volt 16340 batteries... Will either work for my laser?

Yes they are the same, both will charge to 4.2V. I would advise against buying the cheap generic blue ones with no brand name as well as Ultrafire.

Alan

What brand would you suggest?

AW brand from survivallaser usa.

Yes AW if you want absolutely the best batteries you can buy, other good brands include Samsung, Sony, LG, and a few others, Efest is ok for a cheap battery, try to avoid ones with fire in the name, they don't have the stated capacity in mAh that's printed on the battery but will work ok in most cases but if you need a high drain battery or want it to last a long time then don't just buy anything.

Alan