Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Batlefield 3 Alpha Trial

I got an invite!!
Not kidding...downloading it now.

Going to work now but I will play it tonight. Screen shots or recorded video to come.

a-battlefield3.jpg

RECOMMENDED PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

Installed: Origin
CPU: Quadcore @ 2.0 GHz or faster
RAM: 4GB or more
Hard Drive: 7.25GB free
Video: 512 MB or greater DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card with latest drivers (AMD 11.5 or later, nVidia 275.33 or later)
Sound: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible card
Internet: broadband connection

Last edited:

Is there a chance you can get me an invite too? My pc can handle it for easy and is a shame i cant play it yet :p

Is there a chance you can get me an invite too? My pc can handle it for easy and is a shame i cant play it yet :p

No chance that I know of. Random invites from EA as far as I can tell.

Here is the link that I was given. You can try it, but I doubt that it will work for you.
http://em.ea.com/a/hBOMLW9B7uauvB8cbBID4aJ$gTG/portallnk?NUCLEUS_ID=2300201373

Link kept cold on purpose.

Last edited:

DJNY

Lucky :bowdown:

Anyway, my notebook wouldn´t be able to handle it anyway.

I´m gonna play it on the PS3.

Congrats man :beer:

Now I´m gonna play BC2 :scared:

BC2 always fucked up. I haven't played in months because it takes forever to update, and then tells me it failed. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it kept doing the same thing. Why can't EA just release downloadable patches, like a normal, logical entity would do. Or at least allow for partial downloads so that if it fails, it just picks up where it left off. I'm on a 50MBit connection and can't even download updates right. Waste of money, and I'll forever hate EA for this. And for the crappy 007 game I bought years ago.

EA Sports used to be good. Had all the NHL series from 98 to 2003 when I was younger, had no complaints.

Maybe I expect too much from a "tried and true" company like EA. Maybe they are just too big to make a quality support system.

Don't get me wrong, when BFBC2 worked, it was awesome, one of my favorites, even though I was a total noob who couldn't even fly a helicopter for more than 4 seconds before crashing.

ok, end rant. If anybody knows an easier way to patch up to current version, post up a link.

Goes without saying, I probably didn't get a BF3 trial.

I'm honestly not sure how I got selected. I haven't played a Battlefield game in over 4 years. I will give this one a try though.

Helios

I hope this comes out for PS3 soon. Battlefield 2 BC was great...although I hardly ever play games.

Editing my video now....
I haven't really played this game any over the years. I suck.

Here is what this game does to my laptops temps!!!! Check out the max temp.
2011-07-28_165544.jpg

I have read further on and it is against my agreement to post videos and pictures.....

Last edited:

Helios

That sucks. I am sure you are allowed to tell us what you think of it though right?

Helios

i dont think you can just get invited by another player. Its a random drawing by ea games.

You can only get invited by EA....to tell you the truth...It is pretty cool, but your not missing much. I need to learn all of the controls on the game. I suck.