Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

basic pointer with constant on switch

Sorry, this is a very newbee non-technical question.

I am looking for a cheap basic laser pointer to help with studio photography project. All I need is something to aim at the receiver on a shutter release trigger, so that the camera shutter is triggered by objects breaking the beam.

Most of the basic $5 - $10 pointers I have seen have a push button for on and release for off.

I have seen pointers with constant on switch in the $40 upward range. Can anyone give me the make/model of a cheap basic pointer with click switch?

Many thanks

Last edited:

Photodav,

May I suggest you add your location in the "User CP" since it will help us all greatly :)

Edit: Try out these guys...

laserbtb.com

Best of luck :p

Last edited:
Have you thought about making your own laser? Forum member Jayrob has a ton of great kits, including some plug-and-play types- where you would buy a green module, the flashlight+heatsink from him, and just put the module in the sink, screw the flashlight together, and boom, gotchurself a laser. The switch would be a click switch on the tailcap, so you wouldn't have to hold it down. Heres the link to the kit I refer to. Jayrob is a great seller, and will answer any questions you have about the kit- one thing is, you will have to solder a wire across the modules switch...if that is a problem, i am sure you could find someone to do it for you.

Or just buy a cheap $2.50 one from Walmart and just put a jumper wire across the button so it stays on... If you don't want the batteries to die then all you would need is a 5v source which can be found almost anywhere. (USB ports, chargers etc..)

I just got a cheap $2.5 laser and removed everything but the diode so I could wire it to turn on and off with a controller.

http://youtu.be/NczyxFrRzLA

Last edited: