Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bare Diode (Non-DPSS) greenie info?

Ashton

There was an article posted on CPF a few months back that said a manufacturer in china(?) had found a way to grow the components for bare-diode green lasers. I was wondering if anyone had anymore info on this since the original article link got deleted when CPF upgraded a few weeks ago...

I don't know if this is the original article linked in CPF but here's a link anyway.  It looks like they are aiming for a long-wavelength GaN diode, the same material found in Timelord's new friend, the 405nm violet diode.  The application of the diode is for laser-based video displays.

http://www.eetasia.com/ART_8800454293_480700_NT_bd8e0ada.HTM

Google is your friend.  ;)

Ashton

nope, tha'ts not it, a company acctually succeeded in growing the chemicals(?) for a green diode. and yes, laser-based displays is the primary application, but green handhelds for low cost will also be an application. One day there will be blue, red, and green laser pointers in dollar stores worldwide! (though no yellow, purple, orange, etc)

and I wasn't meaning for somone to look up the article, I was asking if anyone knew how this was progressing and if we were any closer to seeing a buyable green-diode laser.

sorry for the confusion.