Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Bad Guidesman Heat Sink fom CajunLasers Store Normal??

Attachments

• IMG_1416.JPG
    IMG_1416.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1417.JPG
    IMG_1417.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1418.JPG
    IMG_1418.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 282
  • IMG_1419.JPG
    IMG_1419.JPG
    48.3 KB · Views: 277
  • 20100912012444.jpg
    20100912012444.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:

ARG

Re: Bad Heat Sink fom CajunLasers Store Normal??

Email Clif with your problems, I'm sure he will fix this.

Though I don't see anywhere on the Cajun lasers store that says it is a polished heat sink, so I don't think it's fair to expect that it would be.

ok i email Clif with the problems .
The Aixiz Lasermodul have not contact with the Heatsink.
This wobbles too much.

ARG

ok i email Clif with the problems .
The Aixiz Lasermodul have not contact with the Heatsink.
This wobbles too much.

Missed that, I read the caliper wrong. That's a fairly big gap, it's almost 13mm. That's definitely a big problem, the drill hole should always be 12mm on the dot.

Last edited:

Missed that, I read the caliper wrong. That's a fairly big gap, it's almost 13mm. That's definitely a big problem, the drill hole should always be 12mm on the dot.

yes it is . :cryyy:

Stix62

I wouldn't worry too much.
NO it's not normal but Clif is a great seller and will go out of his way to put this right.

My first build must wait and wait and wait.
For 2 months i order the host heatsink. The first package is lost. now with express mail coming the package. And now this. With tax it was to expancive. 80€

clif

Hellraiser, I apologize that you ended up with a badly drilled heat sink. I emailed Eud and he assured me that future batches of these will not have this problem, and they'll be checked as well prior to shipping out. As I stated in the last email I sent you, I'm willing to refund you in part. You have two good flashlights and two good batteries I assume since no mention of those has been brought up. There is still the possibility that the first package can show up, since I didn't get it back return to sender. You may keep that package also if it ever shows up. Since you didn't reply to my last email, I'm not sure what you'd like me to do to make this right. I have taken one measure since this happened, from here on out I now ship all international orders via EMS mail so tracking is provided, due to too many lost packages. The down side to this it costs most countries $40. I can do a partial refund - or if you'd prefer, wait until the next heat sink batch comes in from Eud and I can send a couple replacements to you. Your choice.

PS:
Those two heat sinks you compared are not the same, one is made by Eud and has a step cut into it made to stick out for easier focusing, the other was made by Mohrenberg. And in both cases, neither sells/sold mirror finished heat sinks.

Last edited:
Exactly, those heatsinks were made by me... when was that, Clif? Like last year?

Anyway, from then the production quality has vastly improved, through the community feedback.
And also, no, no heatsink I make is mirror-polished.

I would like to send you a replacement Guidesman heatsink for your troubles (just PM me your address).

The mirror-polished is not the problem. Very very scratches and to Big Drilling 12,6 mm .
I PM you. You Send with EMS or Normal ??

THX Clif for help

Last edited: