Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Awesome site!

bjarki93

Hi! my name is Bjarki and i am from Iceland. I have owned two green lasers an many red. i am hoping to build my own burning laser this year. i still haven't found the right instructions on how to put it all together but i'm working on it. i am studying elecronics in high school. i have all the tools and now i am just collecting money! i hope this site is going to help me and users to.

thank you :bjarki93

lasersbee

to the Forum...

There is a lot of laser info here on the Forum... all you have to to
is read... read and read some more...

Don't forget to read the Newcomers sectiuon and the Forum Rules..

Enjoy the Forum:yh:

Jerry

billg519

Welcome to the forum! You'll find all the DIY info that you need right here, as well as laser components.

roosl

Hey Bjarki! How's the weather up there? :)D Sorry, had to)

Welcome to the best laser forum on this planet.

Rob

Welcome to forums! You'll find this community very welcoming!

Crazy Jay

Hey Bjarki. Building a laser is super easy. The members here use regular flash lights as "hosts" for the laser. A custom heatsink is made to fit those specific hosts. Never make one without a driver ( it protects the diode from voltage spikes and regulates current). A good driver called the flexdrive is small and works nicely. They also "harvest" these laser diodes from DVD and Bluray burners.

bjarki93

Hey Bjarki! How's the weather up there? :)D Sorry, had to)

Welcome to the best laser forum on this planet.

The weather is ok, but a little cold! The name Iceland is misunderstood! Greenland should have been named Iceland and vice versa!

Yeah in Spanish it's called "Islandia", where "landia" is the english "land", but "Is" is nothing related to "Ice". I don't know why it's called Iceland since it's not the artic or nothing like that lol.

Judge yourself:

Yours,
Albert

bjarki93

Yeah in Spanish it's called "Islandia", where "landia" is the english "land", but "Is" is nothing related to "Ice". I don't know why it's called Iceland since it's not the artic or nothing like that lol.
Yours,
Albert
It's called Iceland because the guy that found iceland landed on one of the fjordurs and it was winter and he only saw ice!
The Icelandic word for Iceland is Ísland and Ís=ice and Land=land(duh!!)
and thank you all for welcoming me to this site:thanks: