Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Australian noob

ilovelasers93

hello i am from australia and am new to this forum and lasers, i just want to ask a couple of questions, (sorry if they are a bit simple i just want to make sure) i have read a couple of threads and looked around on ebay and found these two laser modules

NEW 12*30mm 50mW 650nm Red Laser DOT Diode Module 3.2V - eBay (item 120607731762 end time Jan-08-11 08:00:40 PST)

532nm 30mW 12x60mm Laser Diode Module/Green Beam/Dot - eBay (item 260548243508 end time Dec-31-10 06:07:24 PST)

just to make sure they will be able to get through costumes fine without getting the seller to change the description right? aslo i know that there is a bit of a difference in the mW but what would you guys sugest as the best quality/easiest to put into a flashlight? i would like something that you can see not just like those shite red ones you buy
thank you for your patience

Welcome to LPF :beer:

If you want a visible beam I'd go for the 30mW green and yes it'll go through Aussie customs.

Leodahsan

Welcome to LPF!
didn't look the auctions/stores, but the 50mW will be ~20% more visible.
Just play safe and happy lasing! :)

ilovelasers93

thanks, still deciding whether i should get the 50mw or not because of the absence of money in my bank, the other is a bit cheeper but im still tempted to get the 50mw

Leodahsan

I had one of this, but I do not know about aussie customs. I removed the lens and it got a ~20mrad divergence, but a 1mm beam at 1cm distance :p I lighted some matches, then the heat of one of the matches burned the crystal, putting the laser at ~1mw hahaha. You can try it, maybe it go thru (just don't light matches with it ._.)

ilovelasers93

there seems to be a problem my lasing hobby has ended before it even started, see im 17 so i need my parents paypal to buy stuff, and well there not to keen on me getting one, but who knows maybe in a couple yrs i might come back to it when i move out, to bad because i really wanted one :yabbem:

Flaminpyro

Howdy and welcome to the forum :wave: Have fun and be safe ;)

coldice

You do know you can get a debit card at 16 right. I got a 50mw green module a few weeks back though Australian customs with no problems and its working fine so far. Its good to see more Aussies getting into the hobby or at lest trying to ;)

there seems to be a problem my lasing hobby has ended before it even started, see im 17 so i need my parents paypal to buy stuff, and well there not to keen on me getting one, but who knows maybe in a couple yrs i might come back to it when i move out, to bad because i really wanted one :yabbem:

Leodahsan

you can always pay to a australian member (locally via MAIL) to buy the lasers to you.
at least here in Brazil it is possible. :)