Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Australian and New Zealand Laser Laws?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In 3 weeks i'm going off travelling as part of my gap year, firstly i'm spending 5 weeks in New Zealand and then spending around 5 months in Australia.

Just starting to pack and put things I want/need to take into piles.

What are the laser laws in Aus and NZ, Should i take my 160mw green CNI or not?

I really don't want to get it confiscated or taken by customs etc.

Hope someone will be able to help me,

Thanks

Leave it at home. Any pointer over 1mW in AUS is illegal. You will get it confiscated trying to bring it into the country.

And they might reject you too :eek:

i was watching that customs & boarder patrol program "nothing to declare" :eek:

New Zealand currently has No laws about lasers and the general public, but due to a lot of idiots aiming them at aircraft, this is under review and likely to change soon

Lase

Stop necroposting.

4 of your total 7 posts are either necroposting or useless information. You're going to start pissing people off.

Lase

AUS

Do NOT bring it with you!!
Importing a handheld laser pointer over 1mW into Australia is illegal.

Laws vary from state to state, but In New South Wales where I am, a handheld or battery operated laser pointer over 5mW is classed as a leathal weapon unless you are a member of a registered astronomy club. Legally, carrying a 30mW green laser pointer is the same in the eyes of the law as carrying a loaded sub machine gun.

AUS

Oh sorry i did it too.
I just realized the thread was from 2008, it showed up as "new" because of the above posts, I should have checked. My bad, I'll check next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.