Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Aussie with a vengence!

3Pig

I've been interested in lasers ever since (You will eat me for this) I saw a YouTube videos from kipkay about lasers. I will not state the video because he does not deserve free publicity.

That however was in 2008, and I've been learning from mainly these forums ever since. Now at the time I just wanted a sweet laser because I didn't know any better. So i bought one off eBay, that was seized by customs. After being cock blocked by customs I kind of suppressed by love for collimated photons.

Inbetween then and now I've been messing around with small electronics, pic micro controllers and such and larger electronics, like being a retard with microwave transformers. But I still wanted lasers, so I researched how to build one.

So now, 5 or so years since my laser craving sparked, I have finally bit the bullet and bought parts for 3 c6 builds, one 445, 532 and a 635 mitsu, and most important, a nice eagle pair :cool:. Currently still waiting for my c6's from dx

So I hope I'm worthy of hanging with the cool kids on the forums so we can share cool shizzle and learn.

Fiddy

welcome brother, try not to embarrass us on the world stage :D

3Pig

I can feel the weight on my shoulders already.

Honestly I've been around enough idiots with lasers to know how not to use them

Tmack

Welcome to the party. I'm one of the nerds on the forum ;)
What diodes and drivers did you get?

3Pig

Bought an m140 and a 300mw mitsu 635 from dtr. Hopefully I don't cook them with my 60w iron when I solder the leads. I got a BlitzBuckv4 for the m140 and a .4-1.2a buck driver for the 635, both from survival laser. Also a supposedly 200mw 532 module from laserlands

Thanks for the welcome guys :yh:

Really pumped for my first builds!

Last edited: