Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

ATTENTION ALL GROUP BUY MEMBERS !!!

S

SenKat

And, attention everyone else, too I suppose.

As most of you know, I live in San Antonio, Texas. My folks live in Tessessee, and the rest of the family lives in Maryland. What the hell does that have to do with anything, you ask ? LOTS !

My Aunt (86 years old) was JUST diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. For those that are unfamiliar with it - that means she could pass at any time - I am not looking for pity, flowers, etc - I am just letting you know what is happeneing with me right now - I MAY be driving up there tomorrow morning to say my goodbyes with my wife, and daughter. It is a 22 hour drive, so we will be gone almost until next Friday IF we go. Everything is still up in the air at this point. I am waiting on a phone call (till around 10pm tonight) telling me if I can come up or not - So, what I am getting to is this - the lasers...if they do not come in today, and I leave tomorrow - it will be NEXT Friday before they can be sent out to everyone. All I can say is, sorry for the troubles, and I HOPE they come in today, as scheduled, as well as I HOPE I get to go up to see her before she passes. I hope this makes sense - if not, sorry....If it does make sense, great. If you are pissed at me, because my family comes first - please pm or email me - the Forum does not need that kind of drama. And if you are pissed - we'll we will cross that bridge when we get to it.

Sorry to all for dumping this crap in your laps.

Greg

Kenom

YOu do what you need to do man. We (I) am/are behind you and are with you in this time of trouble.

T

timelord

Sorry to hear your bad news mate as Kenom says you do what's needed mate as family comes first.....

Gazoo

Do what you have to do man. Family should always come before anything else.

Storm

Sorry to hear about your family. And I live in Tennessee and I was just wondering what part youre going to.

S

SenKat

Thanks all.... Here's the latest :

My departure is still uncertain - the "shipment" departed San Fran at 7:21pm....I guess it just sat there all day after it cleared customs....so much for international express shipping. :mad:

Thats terrible news. I recently went through the same with a family member of mine. Do what you feel you need to do and get us out of your mind for now; you need to focus on your family.

S

SenKat

Another update ! LOL !!

First off, thanks all for your thoughts - I REALLY suck at handling loss, and imminent loss - so forgive me being short.

I leave outta here on Monday - flying, instead of driving (Thank God !) so instead of 25 hrs travel time, I'll only have about 4 hours ! YAY ! The up side of that also is DHL better get their collective A$$es here tomorrow ! ;D ;D

No problemo, I may be on vacation anyway when the lasers would arrive here (dagnabit). To me lasers are secondary to important family matters. Do what you need to do, and I will keep you and yours in prayer.

Loss? Only a temporary loss of contact here in this time. Keep the biggest picture in mind - the eventual reunion will be just that much sweeter.

S

SenKat

I CAN promise this - if they get here prior to the post office closing, The lasers WILL be tested, and on their way to their new owners that day !

Ragnarok - I forgot.....did you tell me you wanted me to hold yours until you returned ?

I really want to thank this entire community - you guys all totally Kick Ass ! Yeah, no dollar signs that time ! :cool: I like this family a whole bunch, too ! :-? Uhm...not in a weird way or nuthin.... :D

Hey Greg, As is stated above none of us would want to put any pressure on you to get these lasers out if it got in the way of family. Family should, and always does come first. If they get here tomorrow and you get them sent out then great. But if not, don't worry about it. After all there just lasers right? So, I will keep you and your family in prayer. And remember we only have one shot at this life, so we need to fix ourselves on what really matters, and I know you know what that is. :)

Sorry to hear about this Greg it totaly sucks for you and your family, you have our sympathy and support, take care of yourself. *hugs*

sorry to hear about your situation mate, and as everyoe else has said, family comes first, so whatever you have to do, you have to do. Dont worry about us.