Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

"Attachments" section?

Things

hi all!, i was just wondering, since you can upload stuff to the forum, would it be possible that you could make a section where you can like "host" your pics? like if you were on a chat or something, and you wanted to show someone your LD for instance, but you havn't got a pic, would it be possible that they could host the pic here, instead of having to go onto another image hosting site? IDK but i have seen forums with this option, and thought it was a pretty good idea?? does this forum have a limit on how much data it can contain?
what do the rest of you think?
thanks

Either way you would be giving someone a link to the pics regardless if it was hosted here or on a image host. It is just as easy for me to log on to imageshack and get the link.

I am still unsure of what you are asking though.

Things

well basically i'm saying, can this forum have like it's own image hosting section? i know we have the multimedia section, but that is for posting pics to show people lasers and stuff, but what if you are on a chat(laserchat for example) and someone wanted to show you their LD, but hadn't hosted it? wouldn't it be easier, and possibly more helpful to upload it here?

c0ldshadow

LPF Founder / Admin
Staff member
LPF Site Supporter
it might be possible for me to make an area where members can upload images to a specific directory that is open to the public

probably can find a CGI script to do this. i'll let you guys know if i find a good solution for this