Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Astral Driver - Boost, Buck, & Sepic

Astralist, do you have the OmniDrive listed for sale on a web page, or only through PM here?

Yep they are awsome, I’ve sold all my ajustsbles, but I’ve been wanting to build one with an electronic 2way switch pot instead of a normal 10k pot, Haven’t been able to find anything, You know like a volume up and down on a remote, anyone know were I can find such a circuit!

Never seen one like that, but I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to control an analog modulable driver with an arduino. All you'd need to do is smooth one of the PWM pins with a filter.

audio volume control using up down buttons does the same thing, except audio volume controls are usually not linear, they have a taper to them, that isn't what you want to do but you could see how those circuits function for some ideas.

https://www.maximintegrated.com/en/app-notes/index.mvp/id/1828

http://www.resistorguide.com/digital-potentiometer/

You may need to have so many additional components the circuit board might not fit in an axis module anymore. Also, you would need to be careful to hard wire limit the maximum current. However, when searching ebay, appears you can add one of these IC's which aren't very big at all: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=m570.l1313&_nkw=digital-potentiometer&_sacat=0

Last edited:
Got the LPM and drivers. Thanks, astralist. It may be a bit before I'll be up to testing the drivers, but it will get done. :yh:

Never seen one like that, but I suppose it wouldn't be that hard to control an analog modulable driver with an arduino. All you'd need to do is smooth one of the PWM pins with a filter.

An Aurdino
I’m talking bout a handheld like previous ones I’ve built but instead of a turning pot I want small momentary electronic switch up down increase power decrease power, Obviously with the blackbuck adjustable.

Nice drivers you have in here!
The only thing that I'm missing would be a continuous positive driver with the boost feature, so we could use the case positive 505nm diodes that have appeared recently with a single li ion battery, unlike the 2 batts needed nowadays to make it work with the only continuous positive driver available, blitz's linear driver.

Unfortunately, this diode is the only one that we could use a boost driver for a case positive diode right now. That makes its use very limited and probably not worth while to anyone to produce.

Sorry for missing for a few days, there are something needs to be taken care of.
All PM will be answered, just wait :beer:

Quick answer:
  1. Continuous positive (case positive) boost driver is impossible by law of physics (and/or electronics). Unless you do a really complicated setup involving a voltage inverter.
  2. OmniDrive will be available soon, still not on sale yet.
  3. Ext pot is actually a risky setup, because some converter IC might not have a good noise rejection on their feedback pin, which will be connected to those ext pot. Again, it's depends on the IC performance/model

[EDIT - Additional Info]
The Omni is just like its name, it's pretty omnipotent :D and can be used with various diode using various supply, provided that the diode is case neutral (or you might need to modify the setup)
For example, if you wish to create a laser (any diode with Vf of 1.5V - 9V), you could power it by using one of these combination:
1x 3.3V LiFePO4
1x 3.7V Li-Ion
2x 3.3V LiFePO4
2x 3.7V Li-Ion
3x 3.3V LiFePO4
3x 3.7V Li-Ion
2x 1.5V AAA/AA/C/D
4x 1.5V AAA/AA/C/D
6x 1.5V AAA/AA/C/D
8x 1.5V AAA/AA/C/D

Okay, i'll fly again for now.
see ya!

Last edited:
Update:

OmniDrive completed!! :D
Omni_Drive_Completed.jpg

pm me

Update again:

After contacting DHL representative (Country office level) in Indonesia,
They told me that my package went into the "red alert", thus causing week of delay.
The usual delivery time of DHL is within 3-5 days max.
I don't even know anymore if i'll receive the package or not :(
"red alert" could means my package will be confiscated (or need a high amount of payment to get it released from customs)

see here:
tracking.png

[EDIT]

There is nothing wrong about the contents of the package,
only assembled driver, driver board, contact board, led board, and stencil

Anyway, i experienced more and more strict/hassle of importing/exporting to/from here :(

Last edited:

jnrpop

Good luck with the whole process A, here is hoping they will release it. It could come down to them asking for some $$$, like they do here in Germany with import tax. Its crazy, they can charge up to 30% of the declared imported item value here :crackup:

That's terrible, astrlist. I hope they don't hold you up (as in a hold up, robbery). I suppose they can do it for no good reason. Hopefully, the declared value wasn't very high.

That will be quite a loss if you can't get them through customs. Can't understand why they would hold up drivers or driver parts. There is no danger in them and electronics must be passing through customs there every day.