Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

As of an hour ago...

MarioMaster said:
It won't be July 1 for like another 12 hours here ;D

Lets just hope that Aussie customs feel the same way, just for all those 12 hour late stragglers...

MarioMaster said:
It won't be July 1 for like another 12 hours here ;D
Yeah.. That's what I was thinking.. "Hey it's only June 30th and laser bans are already in effect?" But then I realized time zones :(

Simo

Well yesterday (30th June) I got my 50mw green :D It was opened by customs but wasnt taken :D:D

Ace82

Murudai said:
[quote author=Diachi link=1214837784/0#10 date=1214839537]
I dont think you will be putting your hand in that beam again anyway !

Diachi

I probably will go again, knowing me :)

Hey, I just got a cool idea :) We could use pain as a way to test lasers for those without power meters :) How much pain you feel could give a rough idea of output power!

Of course, people feel pain differently. We'll calibrate it with a swift kick in the nuts! ;D

Any takers?[/quote]

Edit: It isn't that difficult to re-align the crystals in the RPL's. But you probably wouldn't want to mess with the warantee. I've already adjusted mine twice and got it even more powerful then when I first got it!

This is actually one of my methods of measuring the performance of my RPL.  It veries depending on temprature, and I'm calibrated to my personal pain expatations of my specific unit, so when It hurts more quicker, I'm like  :) "yes!" But when it burns less slower, I'm like  :( "awe!" Then I usually wait till it warms up, then I'm like  :eek: "ouch!, yes!"  :)  Not sure how the pain will match from a swift kick to the nuts to that of a burning laser...maybe calibrate the burn to your nut sack's skin because it's more sensitive then your hand or arm!  ;D