Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Article about Osrams Green Laser diode

sbdwag

Here is a short article from this months EDM magazine concerning the new Osram Green Laser diode as already announced here.

osramgreen.jpg

regards
sbdwag

Krutz

thanks for sharing!

ah, so its 515nm! good to know, would like to see that color!

but come on, "1060nm", "531nm", "maximum 1.5w green"? who writes articles there?
let someone from a laser-related forum read over their articles before publishing! *smile*

manuel

thanks for sharing!

ah, so its 515nm! good to know, would like to see that color!

but come on, "1060nm", "531nm", "maximum 1.5w green"? who writes articles there?
let someone from a laser-related forum read over their articles before publishing! *smile*

manuel

Scientists never write press releases, they get somebody from the PR department to write them, errors and all.

And between OSRAM, Sumitomo, and Nichia, every wavelength up to 531 or so has been published now. It was Sumitomo's highest device that was up to 521, but they say most of their samples were around 520 if I recall correctly.

Krutz

oh, thanks for the info, pullbangdead! i thought this was a breakthrough like the first greenish laserdiode alltogether! seems like i'm behind time.. someone send me a pm when green diodes made it into pointers, ok? ;-)

manuel