Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Art stuff

warning: large pictures! I couldn't find the option for thumbnails on photobucket!

Hey guys (& gal?)!
I recently finished (well, I'm actually still working on it) my Illustration final and thought I would share it with you all.

I won't explain exactly what illustration is about, since it's really difficult, but I'll tell you that it's not your typical art class.
It's not easy...

For example, my final assignment was to create a poster that promotes a smoothie of our choice from "Clark's" (a real place). My choice was "Mango Madness." We didn't have to design graphics or anything (that's what graphic designers are for, not illustrators!) so that's why there are no words.
We could choose any medium but it had to be full color.

I used PrismaColor pencils. The finished size is 12" x 18" on bristol board.
I'm still working on this (it took hours to get this thing to this point!) but what is shown is how I turned it in. I got an "A" which pleases me.

The first picture is my line drawing and the second is obviously the "finished" product. The line drawing serves as a template which was blown up to full size so I could transfer the guide lines to the board.
Everything was done by me (no tracing out of a book!).

I'd like to hear what you guys think.
I honestly think it looks much better in person, but hell... it's not too shabby for my first time drawing in color (I usually work in graphite).
I had to edit in photoshop since the camera flash washed out a lot of color.

Also, if any of you have some stuff you'd like to share, I'd like to see it!

Mango Madness:

Untitled-1-6.jpg

DSC08800.jpg

Last edited:

If that is painted by hand then I must congratulate you, man. You've done a great job!

I took art classes my whole childhood, I painted awesome stuff (I do mean awesome, at least for my age) with pastels and oil based paint. Too bad I don't have them anymore with me :(
Guess that finally led me to graphic design with PCs :p

Rob

I second that congratulations. Well done! Wish I had that kind of talent.

My mom was an artist but I didn't inherit any of her skills, despite what she tells me. Hahahaha. :p

Thanks! It's colored pencil. I haven't tried painting yet, but I plan on taking color theory in the spring.
I prefer to work in graphite but I'm beginning to like color. :)

Rob

Well you chose great pencils to color with! Prisma's are the best. :D

Moptsp

Holy crap. That's very good. Not so much the dimensional look to it that gets me, but the color mixing and shading!

Good job,
Moptsp

It's like a vegatarian Chicxulub. Good job, I can't draw to save my life, but you can.