Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Argon Beam splitting video - simple setup to select different wavelengths.

Escher

Just playing around some more and made a quick vid of a setup to pan through the various colors after splitting the Multiline beam.

Sorry for the poor saturation in the video - the actual colors are much more vivid - my iPhone didn't want to saturate as it was so bright.

Edit - I realized that its not obvious, click the pic below for the video..

Last edited:

no offence meant by this but

there is a reason they do no call it an i-camera +rep fpr the attempt anyway

gotta love dem MLs

daguin

We have to get you a good mirror and an EFLP filter

Peace,
dave

ped

Very nice.

I love those optical tables as well...ohhh if i had the money...

Escher

Good job, I like the vibration-isolation table. :)

Very nice.

I love those optical tables as well...ohhh if i had the money...

I wish it was an isolation table - this is my DIY optical table, just attached to some 1" square steel tubing for help with flexing... It needs a bit more stiffness in the short dimension, but it gets the job done for now.

We have to get you a good mirror and an EFLP filter

Peace,
dave

EFLP - From what I find online - Edge filter - long pass... sooo, what exactly doess it do for me? Lots of things I need to learn in this hobby!

no offence meant by this but

there is a reason they do no call it an i-camera +rep fpr the attempt anyway

gotta love dem MLs

Yeah - definitely not my best work as a videographer - but the iphone was at hand... I'll give it a try with my HD cam and see how it compares.

Honestly, I don't know how people use more than 50-60mW lasers - this thing is crazy bright at 50mW... I definitely was using the goggles when moving around with the laser above idle power.

daguin

EFLP - From what I find online - Edge filter - long pass... sooo, what exactly doess it do for me? Lots of things I need to learn in this hobby!

You shine the laser through the filter. It works like a dichro. It allows one color to pass and reflects the others. The coolest thing about this filter is, as you change the angle of the filter in relation to the beam, it allows increasing or decreasing wavelengths through. You can turn it to where it will only allow a single, individual color line through at a time.

I have 514nm, 488nm, and 458nm argon lasers. However, it is nice to be able to see the pure wavelengths without setting up another laser ;)

Peace,
dave

Last edited: