Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are these cheap fog machines good?

Last edited:

Rafa

Whoa, I don't think they'll be as good as a $300 fog machine, but it can't be that bad.

I think I'll buy one, that price is... just like a gift!

Crap, 0 feedback.

Nah, I wont buy anything from a 0% seller.

Last edited:
I bought a small 400w fogger for $30 online some time ago, its been really good, haven't even used the whole bottle of fog juice that came with it yet.

If you won't be using it for a while, run clean water through it to clear the pump.
Fog juice will gum up the piston after a while and you will need to clean it. Been there.....
HMike

Both listings are no longer available so I can't see the price offered. But I'd look on Amazon.com first. They've had better prices than others when I was looking for one.

Kevlar

Usually Walwort has them on sale after Halloween pretty cheap.

MojoLA

I like the idea of a simple aerosol can for a quick spray to make the beam visible... but it would be great to have a spray that was essentially odorless and didn't leave a residue on anything.

Anyone know of such a thing?

I like the idea of a simple aerosol can for a quick spray to make the beam visible... but it would be great to have a spray that was essentially odorless and didn't leave a residue on anything.

Anyone know of such a thing?

This summer before I got my first high powered laser (50 mW 532 nm) to get a visible beam from a <5 mW 660 nm I would spray compressed air upside down, although it smells terrible.

Haha, I spoke too soon, my fogger is acting up now, it looks like there's a problem with the pump, its outputting very little fog.

any suggestions?

Last edited:

MojoLA

I looked at it on eBay... not exactly a simple aerosol can though.

I'm talking about something easy and free of toxins that you can give a quick blast before you take a beam picture and not worry about getting residue on your toys.

I suppose in theory a fine spray/mist of water would do the trick, it just wouldn't last very long.