Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are thease the same diodes?

No, 3V isn't enough. You'd need 6V, and the resistor will vary between diodes. If you choose to use this method, your run-time will be very low.

But are the diodes the same?
and also, let's say I'm taking the first option. will a resistor be fine enough with NO DRIVER?

the diodes behave the same. but if they are the same i don't think that has been established.

why ask a question that has clearly been answered in post 2!!!!

michael.

Last edited:

DTR

He was telling you that 3V is not sufficient for a Blueray diode to lase. You will need around 6V.;)

1. With this boost driver, Will I be able to use 3V?
2. I tought of a small driver with no pot so I can just connect a resistor to it with no test load, but the only ones I found were to big to fit in the aixiz module back.
can you give me a driver with no pot that is tiny?
I would love that.
3. and also, you never answerd if I can just connect the diode to the battery source with a resistor (no driver)?
I mean, I have no problem spending a few bucks on a driver but I want a really tiny one so I can put it, the battery source and the switch in the aixiz module only.

1. With this boost driver, Will I be able to use 3V?
2. I tought of a small driver with no pot so I can just connect a resistor to it with no test load, but the only ones I found were to big to fit in the aixiz module back.
can you give me a driver with no pot that is tiny?
I would love that.
3. and also, you never answerd if I can just connect the diode to the battery source with a resistor (no driver)?
I mean, I have no problem spending a few bucks on a driver but I want a really tiny one so I can put it, the battery source and the switch in the aixiz module only.

1- don't be lazy. click the link and read the driver specs.... it clearly says 3-6v input.

2- the linked driver is 10x15mm. measure your module and see if it will fit.

3- the second post of this thread clearly said that "NO YOU CAN NOT JUST USE 3v BATT AND RESISTOR" .... The laser diode needs much more voltage than that. the reason you can use the 3v driver that dtr posted is because it is a boost driver that bumps up the voltage..

STOP ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS AND READ!!!

ALSO YOU WILLL NOT FIT THE DRIVER, BATTERY, AND SWITCH IN THE AIXIZ MODULE.... NEVER.

MICHAEL

haha thanks and soorry but I'm trying to ask one thing and I guess I'm not clear :'(
if I put a 6V and a resistor I guess it would be Ok.. right? :(

^^^ yes, if you have the correct resistor. but this is not the best way to protect your diode. it wont protect from reverse polarity or voltage spikes.

and your run time will be short because your voltage will fall out of regulation pretty quick.

michael.

midias

Get a proper driver a LM317 to92 package it can fit without an issue or a flex drive can also fit

Here is one I made. I might have some extra LMs I can probably send you one and a resistor if you want.

At minimum just solder a resistor to the leads and forget the board.

2011-07-13_18-04-32_835.jpg

2010-12-01_09-42-16_814.jpg

2011-07-13_18-04-43_44.jpg

If you are simply not intelligible on this forum enough to buy, use and operate a driver, please... please reconsider a different hobby or do your own research.