Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

are lasers toys?

I get the impression here that lasers are casual toys as if they cannot do any harm. Laser diodes are tiny and give the impression that becuase they are so small it couldn't possibly hurt you. I find the reckless abandon for safety appalling and hope one of you F#cks mess up and get private ownership of Class 3 and 4 lasers banned with penalty of death and a huge reward for turning in laser owners.

Well I do not know where you get that impression here. There are many threads discussing the dangers of lasers. So could you be a sport and show me and others where you see on here "reckless abandonment for safety"? Always nice to have your facts before you start to bash folks.

glowdye said:
I get the impression here that lasers are casual toys as if they cannot do any harm. Laser diodes are tiny and give the impression that becuase they are so small it couldn't possibly hurt you. I find the reckless abandon for safety appalling and hope one of you F#cks mess up and get private ownership of Class 3 and 4 lasers banned with penalty of death and a huge reward for turning in laser owners.

i lol'd - 3/10 for trolling attempt

Abray

hahahahaha

this is going to be interesting.

edit: I have been here for a while (although it does not appear I have, I have), and have IN NO WAY found that lasers are portrayed as toys. there is even a whole section that is devoted to safety. While contacting Moderators about help with schematics and such, I was well aware of the dangers, and yet again, they remind me to be safe with them. I do not understand why you are thinking this.

All it would take is some kid with a 350mw green laser borrowed from his big brother and a soccer mom to put you out of business for good. Look what happened with the cherry bomb!

Things

What and your going to be that kid???hows that gong to put a forum out of buisness?

T

timelord

And your point is*cough* /me just one of those F**CKS says LOL!!! ;D

Abray

haha nice MarioMaster!! And I agree

I think it would be quite hard to get a 350mW green laser if you are stupid enough to do something that stupid

Y

yew.sir-name

Abray said:
I think it would be quite hard to get a 350mW green laser if you are stupid enough to do something that stupid

I'm sure glowdye himself will sell you a much more powerful laser for less than a 350mw green

and i quote

"I want to know if there is a market on this board for self built nitrogen lasers here. Lets say that you could buy a TEA n2 laser from me for about 100-150 dollars would you bite?"

'EA n2 lasers have a peak power of greater than 100kw'

Maybe nobody did 'bite' and fall for his scam hook line and sinker, afterall he could sell them for $1000 a piece elsewhere

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1196314781