Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Are Dragon Lasers products FDA approved?

How is Dragon Lasers? Are their power ratings legit? I live in CA and am skeptical about buying from China. What shipping company is the best? :-/

Has anyone bought from them who lives in US or preferably California? ;D

Dragonlasers is a reliable laser company, many people (not including me) have bought from them and received their laser safely. Although they are not the #1 recommended company, their products and power ratings are legit and will preform around the advertised power.

go for the DL viper 95 ;D I had a really nice one. it could burn wood, pop balloons, light matches all the stuff ;D beam specs were pretty good not the best

beam shot taken in a Roswell NM hotel ;D I wonder how many people thought aliens were really invading when I was pointing it at the stars in that town :D

Attachments

• DSC05982_001.JPG
    DSC05982_001.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 971
maxkillz said:
go for the DL viper 95 ;D I had a really nice one. it could burn wood, pop balloons, light matches all the stuff ;D beam specs were pretty good not the best

beam shot taken in a Roswell NM hotel ;D I wonder how many people thought aliens were really invading when I was pointing it at the stars in that town :D
thats a crazy beam shot dude

Liberty1992 said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1225075387/0#2 date=1225075956]go for the DL viper 95 ;D I had a really nice one. it could burn wood, pop balloons, light matches all the stuff ;D beam specs were pretty good not the best

thats a crazy beam shot dude[/quote]
thanks ;D I have a feeling it was a bit over spec ::)

My DL95 typically outputs ~110 mW with new e2 cells. I've carried mine for about 2 years and never disappionted.
Pocket pointers can't hold the power level long simply because of power available from aaa cells and heatsinking but for short demos -- priceless ;D

Mike

maxkillz said:
go for the DL viper 95  ;D I had a really nice one. it could burn wood, pop balloons, light matches all the stuff  ;D beam specs were pretty good not the best

beam shot taken in a Roswell NM hotel  ;D I wonder how many people thought aliens were really invading when I was pointing it at the stars in that town  :D

What happened to your Viper 95?

metroid said:
To answer your question in the title: No.
The Hulk Ultra has all the required safety features, but yes still not FDA approved. The only FDA approved lasers (i think) are RPL's, a few from Laserglow, and OEM Laser Systems (and Aixiz has labbys). Only US companies.

The Alpha from Novalasers is FDA approved as well, at least is says so on its warning label.

Justin

All of Laserglow's handhelds are FDA compliant and have a valid accession number. If FDA compliance is a concern for you it is better to deal with a company in North America!

Xplorer877 said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1225075387/0#2 date=1225075956]go for the DL viper 95 ;D I had a really nice one. it could burn wood, pop balloons, light matches all the stuff ;D beam specs were pretty good not the best

What happened to your Viper 95?[/quote]
I traded it to someone for stuff ;)

Justin said:
All of Laserglow's handhelds are FDA compliant and have a valid accession number. If FDA compliance is a concern for you it is better to deal with a company in North America!

No they're not. :mad: Bad experience...

Justin

Xplorer877: Did you have some kind of trouble getting a Laserglow product into the States? The only lasers that we sell not-FDA-approved are some of the OEM components (which do not require certification). Please let me know if you've had some trouble with our products, I'd be happy to help you.

Justin said:
Xplorer877: Did you have some kind of trouble getting a Laserglow product into the States? The only lasers that we sell not-FDA-approved are some of the OEM components (which do not require certification). Please let me know if you've had some trouble with our products, I'd be happy to help you.

It was a couple of years ago and I was sent a letter from the FDA saying they needed me to hand the laser over to customs. Apparently UPS was never supposed to ship it. I returned it to you guys and and sent proof I did so to the FDA. I did get my money back from you guys but the whole process took a while and now I just don't trust what company's put on their websites.

If any laser product is approved by the FDA for use and import to the USA than it should have an accession number.

-Tony