Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Arctic G2 has arrived

Hello everyone, well my 2nd Arctic has arrived today and it's the G2 model this time, so I'm happy to say I now have a G1 & G2; the best of both worlds if you will. I'll post some more about it shortly with pictures, just need to setup for it. :)

ME TOO!!! except no one was here... so.. the carrier didn't drop it off, and now I have to wait till tomorrow to pick it up.

RageFace.png

Anyway this Laser arrived some what weird, first off I wasn't available to sign for it, so it went back to the carrier's depot. I went there to get and was told the driver wasn't back yet with it and that you can't pickup the same day a notice if left; I wasn't happy with that and remarked "so much for paying for express service" was then told "Oh sorry didn't realize it was an overnight package, that if I wanted to wait around for the driver I could then get it. So yes I waited around for it, that was easy time to do considering how long it took from the day of order to finally landing here :)

Now here is where it gets weird, they finally bring out my package to me and the very first thing I notice is the package is re-taped shut with 3 rows of a brownish-yellow thin/transparent like packing tape on one side of the package. I asked about that and was told no idea, it was received like that. So I think the worst that probably all that is in the package then are the goggles, maybe.

I leave, bring it home and upon further examination I see that they tapped over a good portion of the shipping label, leaving just enough of the bar code exposed. The next thing I see which REALLY has me wondering, is the clear document/shipping envelope has also been open, and the FDA 2877 form is all that is facing out and showing. Under neath of that official document is the shipping label/form (waybill/declaration) folded inside out and in half, that has my name and shipping my address on it.

So I think how in the world did the driver know where to delivery the package to in the first place? because there is no where on that entire package that has even the City/State let alone anything else on it, except the waybill folded inside-out Under the Form 2877; I'm still baffled.

So I open the package up on the opposite side of where it was re-tapped, and I find that the bubble wrap that has been securely wrapped in clear packing tape has a small vertical slit ~3" long across one side of it directly where they put the goggles/charger/battery which this time around did not come in a separate box, rather they were simply put into the bubble wrap. Well below that was the Laser's Box (I was hoping, sure felt like it was still there).

I studied it for a couple of minutes and tried pulling out the goggles through that slit and had a hard time doing so, but I could get them through it, and tearing a bit I could get the charger out too. However there was no way I could removed the Laser's box without cutting that bubble wrap open almost all the way. So I examined it real carefully again, and it certainly was not re-tapped.

By the way, it was declared exactly as what was shipped to me, and I was thinking Customs may have opened it partially for an inspection of some sort. The more I think about that though, the more I don't think so, because it doesn't have any custom stamps or the green customs tape that I though they put on your package when the opened it.

Don't know what to really think, except the local Driver?? I'm at a loss, anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'm at a loss about the shipping label too not showing my address at all (turned inside-out), the re-taping of the package on one side, the slit in the bubble wrap.

Still though I can't complain because the Laser was safely sitting inside the Laser box, still in it's plastic wrap and no markings what-so-ever on it.
I put one of my fresh batteries in it, and yes it does work. :beer:

I still didn't get the extra goggles and lens pen that I've asked for several times now, that has been acknowledged and said it would ship with the Laser; both times now neither did they include the extra set. I though last time around, they probably were waiting to send it with the G2 only. So I don't know if I'll ever get them.

I'm very sort on time today, but I did notice the beam looks really good on my white wall, pulses and switches nicely to full power, and has that round black "fixture" over the lens that Dave I believe called a beauty cover for the lens.

So do I like it compared to my G1? Yes I do! I actually wasn't sure if I'd like the smart switch, so that is why I bought one of each; figured I could sell one off if I didn't like it; but I think they are both going to be keepers...I have to admit, the G2 smart-switch is neat. :yh:

So here's 2 quick pictures, I'll meter it later on; too many other things I have to finish yet today............long day, sorry.

Attachments

• G2a.jpg
    G2a.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 433
  • G2b.jpg
    G2b.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 474
Did you guys get any type of shipping confirmation from WL?

Nope, just that email everyone got saying they had shipped as of aug 14th. After that I tried to ask about a tracking number or confirmation that mine was in the first batch, but they gave me nothing.

I wish i would hace known how to log into my account at the time I had ordered.

The suspense was killing me as I was reading your long post on my iPod. I thought it was gonna end with customs taking away the laser. Glad to know you got yours. I would wait around at 4PM when it closes but instead I'm going to the dealer to get my new car.

Logging into your account, while nice; still doesn't give you an order status that is really helpful, so your not missing any info but not being able to do so.

I just finished Metering the G2 and compared it to the G1 some more.

Low Pulse Mode it measures 55mW
High Pulse Mode it measures 356mw

I'd like to also point out my Meter is specifically designed to handle pulse mode Lasers and give a very accurate measurement in pulse mode, another reason I choose the Meter I have; moving on...

Low Constant Wave Mode it measures 106mW
High Constant Wave Mode it measures 714mw

These test were done with the High Power lens on the Laser and the Laser appears to be pretty stable.

Without any external lens on it, it measures 785mW.

Compared to my G1, the G2 appears to have a better spot on a white wall, with hardly any noticeable splash.

The G2 came with none of that messy white grease on the threads when changing lenses, so that is a welcome change; either that or they ran out of it. :undecided: It does have some if you look further down into it, but it's not all over the lens thread when you put the lens back in the box.

Not sure what WL's color code is all about, but my G2 came with two small red dot stickers on both sides of the Laser's storage box. I've no idea what that means, the G1 has no such markings of any kind. Would be interesting, sort-of, to know when others receive theirs if theirs has the two red sticker dots on the storage case; maybe it just means it's a G2.

Frankly, I would have used green color sticker dots, because well red usually indicates a "problem" in the world I operate in; but all does seem well.

Oh, the 3 indicator lights on the G1 as already reported are Yellow, on the G2 they are now Green.

I hope this helps answer some questions for everyone, I'm completely out of time today I must say; I'll check back tomorrow.

Updated with the 5 modes info from the included Operating instructions that I didn't have time to read over too well yesterday, this helps explain the pulse mode putting out less power than some thought it should.

Verbatim:

5 modes are enabled by using the SmartSwitch;

Low Power (10% of maximum), Constant Wave
Low Power (10% of maximum), Strobe (6Hz / 50%)
Max Power, Constant Wave
Max Power, Strobe (6Hz / 50%)
Secure Hibernation Mode

So if you take a look back at my Metering of the Laser, I think they described it correctly and it shows I've got good power out measurements that seem to support what they are saying about the Strobe mode.

Last edited:
Thanks for the updates on the G2 status, im really excited for mine, but could someone please post a video or detailed picture review? im dieing to actually see this badboy

This is crazy, Electron. What was your order number? Mine was 4722x and the freaking thing still hasn't shipped. I'm presuming yours was earlier than that?

Can you also show us the 'led holes' on this one? I assume they're still drilling by hand...

You sure it hasnt been shipped? Like I said, they never actually gave me any confirmation at all that mine was shipped, and the order number is only 20 less than yours.

Wow I am jealous...There was supposedly a shipment of G2's that went out on monday (not sure if that is our Monday or China's Monday). Then there is shipment of G1's going out Wednesday (again not sure who's wed.) and then finally another shipment of G2's on Friday. Hoping I am in the G1 Shipment.

Last edited:
You sure it hasnt been shipped? Like I said, they never actually gave me any confirmation at all that mine was shipped, and the order number is only 20 less than yours.

Yup. I *finally*, after a week and a half of trying to extract an order update, just -yesterday- got a message from "Iya" that, quote:

"I will arranged for your order to be included in our next G2 shipment if possible. "

Again, I just got that yesterday.

The brown/yellow tape that seems a bit "different" than the American/European brown plastic packing tape is probably Chinese. I've had stuff from DX and elsewhere from Asia with that tape on it.

My guess is that Wicked repurposed your order from someone else, who got fed up, cancelled, and they figured it out at the last minuted etc. Or maybe cut it open to peek, worried there was a G1 in there/confirm it was a G2.

I suspect they're in full "Chinese Fire Drill" mode over there, and have been all summer.

And generally, it's ALL in the bar-code. A package with a perfectly legible address but a defaced/missing bar-code will get where it's going a lot slower with UPS/FedEx/USPS etc. than it would with a bar-code but no visible address.

Each time it's scanned, your info comes up, so the driver may have had to figure out where it was going, scan it with his pad/PDA at the worst.