Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

anything cool in an old copier??

work is about to throw this old copier to the curb. it's one of those huge ones....

anything cool inside of them that i should take out?

I remember reading somewhere that some old copiers have argons in them. Besides, if any old parts work in there those are re-sellable, and at least you can get rid of the rest as scrap provided you can move the thing.

daguin

I remember reading somewhere that some old copiers have argons in them. Besides, if any old parts work in there those are re-sellable, and at least you can get rid of the rest as scrap provided you can move the thing.

Huge, commercial printers used argons

If it is an "office type" copier it should have some FS mirrors in it at least
However, I personally, don't think that there is enough in one to justify the labor and time involved in salvaging one.

Peace,
dave

sinner

Would be really really hard to handle/salvage anything they're just used for working parts as said above..
OR

Remodel the mechatronics and make a robot i guess! j/k

daguin

Would be really really hard to handle/salvage anything they're just used for working parts as said above..
OR

Remodel the mechatronics and make a robot i guess! j/k

MEGA-Mohrenberg

robot-unicorn-attack_zps9e75731b.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
Well i went through it...only took a couple hours lol.

ended up just saving the FS mirrors.

co-worker is taking all the motors and switches.

Did get some cool lights. a 300W and 900W light out of it.

I always enjoy taking stuff apart-gotta see whats under the hood-- +2 for matt

My dad used to work for lanier dictation and I loved taking those amps apart and making them work! Got to keep them all. Ended up with old bank B&W monitors and hooked those coax split to RCA jacks to my old nintendo. Got my first Security camera and burned it out with my first laser, a red professional pen type $100 in 1994. I always wanted one of the huge Kodak Copy machines they used when my dad was working for World Com, Sprint , and MCI selling Data Packets over Fiber Optics :)

Found a surprisingly hefty iR diode in what I can remember to be an HP 5P. Quite common for printers of that era that we junked.

Found a surprisingly hefty iR diode in what I can remember to be an HP 5P. Quite common for printers of that era that we junked.

I.E.: Laser printer :D

If anyone here needs help with their printers and using cartridges and such, I'm your man, I work for Cartridge World, Bloomingdale, Wheaton and Downers Grove Illinois(where ever I'm needed). I also helped run a store in Wisconsin(parents owned).
Kinda random, i know. But please don't hesitate to ask. Ill do my best with my experience to help get your questions figured out and straightened out.

-Ty

^^ Now your location makes sense :p I lived in Naperville and St. Charles for a bit.

This 900W light i got is pretty awesome. Not sure how long it would last though being ran Constantly. It is rated for 110v though, and i get quite the light when plugging it directly into the 110 outlet...

^^ Now your location makes sense :p I lived in Naperville and St. Charles for a bit.

Oh wow. I was in Aurora ()_()
And just recently moved to Batavia. Things aren't going so well financially and I feel I'll have to move soon again :(

This 900W light i got is pretty awesome. Not sure how long it would last though being ran Constantly. It is rated for 110v though, and i get quite the light when plugging it directly into the 110 outlet...

Wow! that does sound really very awesome.
Care to share some pics of what you salvaged and it running?
Very curious :)

Last edited:

ped

Photos? :)

Lets see the eye candy.