Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone want a driver with 4-12V in and 3A out

boscoj

with 96% efficient?

i think I may have something here . . .

Last edited:

I may be interested, what do you have in mind? :D

96% efficient? That sounds interesting.

boscoj

can't really say too much at this point but I have a buddy with access to >5000 lot units . . .

we're gonna start testing 445nm as soon as my modules and LPM comes in . . .

96% as is but then we're gonna slap a pot on it unless you want to run it native . . .

I may be interested, what do you have in mind? :D

96% efficient? That sounds interesting.

Last edited:

Toke

It sounds like a LED flashlight driver, and the 96% sounds unusual.

boscoj

yeah, he blew up my LPM testing the first unit . . . doof . . .

and we had to switch to a 10A unit because the other unit has been discontinued . . .

Any updates? :D

Last edited:

Benm

Lets see some schematics and builds then. >90% efficiency is good, but not unheard of from properly designed switchmode voltage or current sources.

The problem is not achieving such efficiencies, but its achieving them in compact form factors. When you are at liberty to over-design inductors, use fast diodes and proper buffer caps, its perfectly feasible - the question is how small you can get it if you must.

boscoj

no not really, the rep has been on vacation and we can't get the engineering samples we want.

I did find some cool heatsinks and tiny 5v fans.

P1000348.JPG

The heatsinks look like they would be good on a flexdrive . . .

P1000345.JPG

anymore updates on this?

boscoj

what output amperage range would you be interested in?

max output voltage would be 6 with a max amperage of 6

and the efficiency has dropped to 93% apparently but it looks pretty efficient with 12V in and 5V out

anymore updates on this?

Last edited:
Price estimates? Stability? Do you have access to a CRO to test the output of this driver? Sounds promissing, let us know if any updates are available!

boscoj

CRO = Constant Resistance Output?/something? Yes we can test constant resistance dynamic loads . . .

We did some input threshold tests and found that with a 1.5A load that the module remains stable as long as the input voltage is 5.0V or above. If the voltage drops below 5.0V, then the output decays proportionately.

Looks like it will be quite a bit larger than a flexdrive but will handle input voltage from 4.5-14 and output whatever you want 6A+ provided you have the input.

Price estimates? Stability? Do you have access to a CRO to test the output of this driver? Sounds promissing, let us know if any updates are available!

Last edited: