Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone tried this supplier? 200mW 473nm

is that a 3rd harmonic or still 2nd? the 473nm that would be almsot a sky blue huh, I don't see how in the hell they got that in a little pen :p if the best CNI can do for a pen is like 06-5mw :p

Blord

These are obvious typos. To get 200mW 473nm laser you need a several Watt IR pump diode.
Noway the host or the AAA cells can hold that.

nope, did you ask fro a price quote?

Thought that I would check here first. I just sent an e-mail...

As I stated in the OP, I suspect they will suddenly realize an error when they are asked to pin down the specs at 200mW. But I figure it is worth a try. I hadn't heard of them before so that is why I was asking here.

:beer:

Don't waste you time. They Mean 405nm.

Yea... I asked for the specs of their 473nm 30mW pointer they e-mailed me back with the specs below...

Response:
Output Power:5mw to 30mw
Wave Length:405nm
Dimension:φ13.6×160mm
Operating Current:I<180mA
Operating Voltage:3.2V
Maximum Spot Diameter at 10m:φ15mm
Power Stability:<15%

lolz..... apparently their 30mW means 5mW to 30mW. It costs $9.50 btw >.>

30mW 473nm pointer for $9.50... *dreams* maybe in 20 years?

Last edited:
Why would you go 200mw on an off color laser? You can't view 200mw without gogles so who cares what the color is?

Why would you go 200mw on an off color laser? You can't view 200mw without gogles so who cares what the color is?

You can view 200mW without goggles under controlled situations.

Basically, under 500mW on a flat, darker surface is ok if you have a stable laser mount (like a labby or similar setup).

You can read up on it elsewhere in the forum. I'll try to find the link for you.

EDIT: the links keep disappearing, but here is the info. I have this PDF.

Sony Guidelines of Measures for Prevention of Injury by Laser Light Purpose

The guidelines are aimed at eliminating the possibility of injury to the workers who engage in laser device handling or services in which they might be exposed to laser light (referred to as laser-related work hereinafter)....(referred to as service workers).

Laser equipment classification....based on the degrees of the effects the laser equipment, categorized as defined in the accompanying sheet on the basis of the radiation exposure limits corresponding to the wavelengths and durations of laser light generated by the laser devices, cause on the human body. The meaning of each of the classes is defined below.

Class 1 : Laser equipment with a low output (approximately 0.39μw or less) which does not cause any injury to the human body.

Class 2 : Laser equipment with an output of such level of visible light (400 to 700nm in wavelength) that enables the defensive reaction of the human body to avert injury (approximately 1mW).

Class 3A : Laser equipment with an output which makes direct observation of the beam by optical means dangerous and which is less than five times the output of class 2 (approximately 5mW or less).

Class 3B : Laser equipment with an output that can cause eye injury if exposed to directly but which does not cause eye injury if exposed to diffused reflected beam (approximately 0.5W aka 500mW or less).

Class 4 : Laser equipment with an output which can cause eye injury even if exposed to diffused and reflected beam (approximately more than 0.5W)

Note) 1W=10^3mW=10^6μW

Sony Laser Diode Guide - A serious guide for the care and feeding of laser diodes

Last edited: