Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone own the 250-300mw Olike module?

If anyone on this forum has bought the Olike 250-300mw green MODULE, not pointer, but module could you please post a review using beam shots, and "focusability" and burning capabilities for this module. I want to build a Sci-fi "blaster" with a sound card to use with this module powered by a single 18650 style battery. Does this module have good divergence, and a thin bright tight beam? What about using it for pointing...small dot size far away? A review would be so much apriciated as I am saving up to get one soon. I plan to engage the "switch on the module to "ON" at all times and use a momentary switch to control current from the battery to the module for OFF and ON time, with the switch on the module always set to the on position will it still have that 1-2 second "DELAY" before working or would it now be instant on and off used in this manner? IMPORTANT! Please help out if you can with this post.

I am 99% sure that it will maintain the delay on every power on.

jeffd

And Ive never heard of anyone who has ordered any of those higher powered modules....

I just checked O-like's website. I don not see anything that says it has a delay and the output test video shows an instantaneous on when power is applied.

jasonx

Ahem Olike much producing laser module.. Some people convert a pointer to module, could that be?

Susie, told me in an email that it has a 1 second delay to protect the module.

I own a O-Like 250-300mW and a 300-350mW green laser module. No delay was built in. Connect to power and push the button. You can narrow or widen the beam by rotating the collimator in or out. Both are well-built but you have to watch the heat buildup (a minute on and a minute off works well. Beams are strong and show up well in normal lit room.

I am putting the 350 mW into a Star Trek TOS Phaser Rifle prop (work in progress).

I own a O-Like 250-300mW and a 300-350mW green laser module. No delay was built in. Connect to power and push the button. You can narrow or widen the beam by rotating the collimator in or out. Both are well-built but you have to watch the heat buildup (a minute on and a minute off works well. Beams are strong and show up well in normal lit room.

I am putting the 350 mW into a Star Trek TOS Phaser Rifle prop (work in progress).
Hey Safetyman, That sounds great! That was just the kind of info I needed. I am excited to hear someone else on here like's to make Sci-fi Prodjects besides me...please post some pictures and video of it in action and keep me posted! What is the mw output of each O-like module peak and average? Are you using the 18650 stlye rechargeable battery? Do both modules "burn" well, I only have the smaller 130-150mw in a "light gun" for video games...you can check it out on YouTube my channel is: laser74hobby and my video is called "My 150mw green Romulin Laser Gun." Check it out and see what you think. I too plan to build a "rifle" to put the high power green O-like module into also but was looking at a Sci-fi "bb" gun stlye on ebay. Let's keep in touch!