Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone looking for <5mW red...

I got a couple of these...

635nm 5mW Red laser pointer / bright [OL-635-5P] - $7.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

for my kids. I wanted them to have a laser they could play with (with adult supervision!) without me having to physically hold it for them.

One tested at 5mW and the other was 3mW.

Being 635, they are still bright enough to be really fun for them, yet I can let them actually operate the laser in the backyard and they feel included in the whole laser hobby.

P.S. these would be really good for cats too.

Last edited:

I got a couple of these...

635nm 5mW Red laser pointer / bright [OL-635-5P] - $7.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

for my kids. I wanted them to have a laser they could play with (with adult supervision!) without me having to physically hold it for them.

One tested at 5mW and the other was 3mW.

Being 635, they are still bright enough to be really fun for them, yet I can let them actually operate the laser in the backyard and they feel included in the whole laser hobby.

P.S. these would be really good for cats too.

Nice find dude, definetly going to have to buy 2-3 of these at that price :drool:

:D

Nice find dude, definetly going to have to buy 2-3 of these at that price :drool:

:D

The nice thing about them is that it is getting harder to find TRUE <5mW lasers anymore. Most of the lasers advertised as such are really 30-70mW and are somewhat dangerous.

These are nice because the two I tested seemed to be on, or slightly under spec and being 635's they are still moderately bright while still being safe. And cheap!

:yh:

Understandable. My tips for beamshots are using long exposure, maybe get some matches and light them for a bit of smoke.

I use the Heshan Lide FM-400p. Cheap and Awesome!

197401329759982.JPG