Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone interested in Hydro-Dipping?

I have done a good bit of hydro printing on a lot of different items and wanted to know if anyone here would be interested in having hosts or anything else up to 2' X 3' dipped?

Very very durable, and the options of films, patterns and prints is almost unlimited. Just curious.
Give me your opinions.

I would only do it on bare hosts- no drivers or diodes installed.

Thanks,
Joe

SteveT

Do you have any examples of your work that you could share? How durable would the finish be if applied to an aluminium host for example?

I would be interested as well... cheap c6 with custom graphics could be cool.

I too would love tob see some pics of your work. I have some ideas in minD but to see what is possible would be great

Hi everyone,

I have tried three times now to use pictures on this thread as well as others and am not able to, can someone explain how to post images to me?

To answer the question about durability, my process has the same durability as automotive paint does. The process uses automotive grade primers and clearcoat. So it is pretty tough, I mean seriously how hard of a life do most of our handhelds have? I know basic handling and use they will stay looking great for years, if you drop them on let's say concrete then you have a chip same as paint, powder coat, or any other coating.

Aluminum can most definetely be dipped....most materials can be dipped. I've done everything from guns to deer skulls to mason jars to stocks, aluminum wheels, dash panels, center console lids, eggs, gun magazines, and my sons small bike frame which was very very hard and never could get that one perfect.

If your interested search google or bing or any other search method for hydrodip films/patterns and get an idea of what you may want.....the sky is the limit. Thinking about it now I haven't dipped any hosts I have, but because of their shape they are a very simple dip. The hard part will be the prep work if there are a lot of grooves and fins hanging off of them.

I too would love tob see some pics of your work. I have some ideas in minD but to see what is possible would be great

You can get anything imaginable on a dip sheet. Search the net and you will see the options are practically endless. If you give me an idea of what you like I can give you some options, I have a desert camo print and a pink camo print in stock. I haven't dipped anything recently I started it as a hobby and all of the sudden all of my friends had something to dip. I got bored with it and came back to building laser again. I go from hobby to hobby between hunting, fishing, lasers, dipping, archery, RC cars and helis, magnets, models, I get really into one for a while then change for a while lol....not enough time in life to try everything I'd like too.

Cheers,
Joe

during reply
hit the "go advanced" button. then manage attachments. pic you pic to upload. then hit upload.
you can then drag the image name onto your text.. it should be a web address
then add "
" after!!

Last edited: