Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone in here ever tested this one?

Woah, tone down your language just a bit.

Anyways, I almost believed that the laser was actually 1.4W 532 green until they said it was powered by 1X18650.

Cheers!

The language is warranted I think.

There is absolutely no way that laser is 1.3W of green. So it is pure BS...

rhd

1.3W is not inherently impossible in a handheld. There are C-Mount pump diodes that could reach the levels of IR output needed for 1.3W of 532nm, and the crystal sets at that power wouldn't be too large to fit in a portable. There would be cooling issues, but the unit could have a lot of fins, a lot of mass, a ridiculously short duty cycle, and poor stability. You'd need a high current power source, but there are LifePo4 18650s that wouldn't struggle to give you want you needed.

My point, is that people shouldn't assume 1.3W is impossible, merely because we haven't seen it. We certainly HAVE seen powers that are more than half the way there. So isn't it a bit silly to presume we won't progress any closer to that target? (or that it isn't already out there?)

This one probably is NOT it. It doesn't look large enough, and the "550mA-1.2A Power supply" is a complete giveaway. But I have no doubt that a 1.3W 532nm could be successfully built in a host similar to the LaserGlow Hercules.

i zensored the bull**** word.

in fact, nobody of this forum ever had one of these? i would just like to know what the real power is. but i´d also expect something <1w.

Last edited:

rhd

At < 1.2A, you're giving the IR diode roughly 3W. At absolute best, you might see 20% conversion efficiency, and I doubt even that. So absolute theoretical max would be a ceiling of 600mW. And of course it might not get anywhere close. I would bet 300mW based on the tail cap, and the powers of others I've seen that use the same one.

Rhd, I wasn't saying it's impossible, not at all. We've actually seen well over 1W green in from jetlasers... Reginak's.

A a very few of the craptons are also in that power range.

1.3W of green is something we will see in a handheld.

This just isn't it though. My bet would also be on 300-600mW, maybe a bit higher. I've seen my own similar laser peak to ~700mW when chilled.

rhd

IE: Oh ya, I know. And I agree.

I am sort of puzzled by where this "1300mW" figure keeps coming from, and why. This is not the first 1300mW laser we've seen claimed somewhere. While the magnitude of that farce doesn't shock me, the specificity of it does. That's a very unique power rating, and probably wouldn't be my natural choice if I was going to fake a high power.

I can see "1000mW" or "1250mW" or "1500mW". But 1300mW is not a number that most people would jump to. Further, the "1300mW" 532s that I've seen elsewhere, are different hosts. So it's not like there was one supplier somewhere that created the fake units, and the disseminated them to a bunch of different sites. Even DD had a "1.3W". Now yourlaser.com does, and so does Warn.

I guess what I'm wondering, is whether there IS a reputable 1300mW 532nm from a respected company, and each of these Chinese clones is just an attempt to ride that unit's coattails? I know CNI doesn't advertise a 1300, but maybe someone else like Jet does?

Last edited:

DJNY

F* this 1a-shops.eu

There´re selling lasers at a way too high price.

With NO power guarantee. They could claim anything what they want (what they actually do).

CNI is able to produce >1W 532nm lasers, VIASHO is also, and we have seen 1-2 >1W WL Kryptons.

But again, dollars to doughnuts, this laser is neverever 1.3W.

I think the 1.3W figure keeps coming up because of the modules.

You recall, same exact time that WL came out with their Craptons, Rayfoss also put up a 1W laser.

I suspect what happened is a manufacturer put out new modules that are theoretically rated at an upper limit of 1.3W. For a brief period of time WL even upped their bullsh*t offerings to include a 1.5W laser.

In reality the modules hit only half that, or less, with any consistency.