Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone here know what the B0323 sled/diode is?

GODSPD

Just wonderign if any1 here knows what sort of laser diode is in the B0323 sled?
How much power it can handle and what speed burner/writer it came from?

daguin

GODSPD said:
Just wonderign if any1 here knows what sort of laser diode is in the B0323 sled?
How much power it can handle and what speed burner/writer it came from?

Those diodes are from the sleds in the Toshiba HD-A3.  They appear to be similar (if not the same as) the diode from the DT-0811 sleds.  They die around 140mA.  That's probably why the seller only claims useful power to 110mW.  The PHR-803T sleds available here in the Group Buys are a better deal.

GooeyGus tested one of these B0323 diodes here

http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1215143499/19

Peace,
dave

GODSPD

thanks dave, i had a read on that post, so in your opinion which would be better? this diode or the phr803t? and the price of these diodes is also around the same as the phr, so which is a better choice and why?

thanks,

daguin

GODSPD said:
thanks dave, i had a read on that post, so in your opinion which would be better? this diode or the phr803t? and the price of these diodes is also around the same as the phr, so which is a better choice and why?

thanks,

The DT-0811 can be driven to put out about 110mW without much concern.  It cannot be driven much higher than this even with good heat sinking and a limited duty cycle.

The PHR-803T can be driven to put out about 150mW without much concern.  It can be driven up to around 180mW with good heat sinking and a limited duty cycle.

Both cost about the same.  

Your call as to which is "better." I have pointers with both diodes in them on my desk ;)

Peace,
dave

rkcstr

I've seen people mention that their 0811 diodes seem to be a slightly higher wavelength and look brighter than the 803T at the same power. However, the added power capability of the 803T may make up for the difference.

I did a comparison between the PHR's and the DT0811 I have, and did not notice a color difference, but that is only one out of many 811's of course..

If you are looking for power, go for the PHR.. plus the DT0811 is a b*tch to get out of it's heatsink. Also, the deals on this site for the PHR can't be beat.

Dave, what did you find out about the color difference between the two?(sorry haven't been on here much lately..)

daguin

Glaserfan said:
Dave, what did you find out about the color difference between the two?(sorry haven't been on here much lately..)

I asked DZ (the man who did the testing) to post the info because he did the work, but apparently her hasn't gotten around to it.  There was no significant difference in the wavelength of the DT-0811 diodes and the PHR-803T diodes.  They ranged from 404nm to 408nm.  It would appear that finding a "brighter" blu-ray diode is just pure luck.

Peace,
dave

[highlight]**EDIT**[/highlight] I've had 6 different diodes tested for wavelength now. Only one of them was above 410nm. Add these numbers to the number of other DT-0811 diodes in use that are NOT remarkable and we have no significant difference. They still make great pointers @ around 90mW ;)

Good to know, thanks:)

To the OP... It all boils down to your preference, but the 803T is hands down the best choice, unless you happen along a DT0811(or eqivalent) for super cheap, and want a mid-power bluray laser.. ;)