Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Anyone got an at least 8x dvd burner lying around?

Laik

So as the title is asking, has anyone got one. I have a scratched up c6 host with a messed up pill and a scratched up heatsink. I thought i cant just let it go to waste so has anyone got a dvd burner thats at least 8x? I know probably no one is going to send give me one, but hey u never know unless you try. Thankks guys :beer:

Laik

Update: I can send you what is left in my paypal account (0.87 AUD) :D I know almost no one will send me one, but there is that very slim chance. So bag on me guys :beer:

duzy

You should check out to those computer shops/manufacturing factories, they always throw out old computer stuff. I've even asked my local one and they were fine with it as long as i didnt make a mess.

Laik

I know but the only computer repair shop i know of where i live closed down.

Laik

Just confirmed it is closed down but i found another computer repair shop. I will check on monday :)

Any thrift / second hand stores? I find some better than the one in my computer for 5 bucks. Theirs a pile of half decent ones there every day.

Laik

I havn't seen any in there and we only have 2 shops and i know 1 for sure isnt allowed to sell electronics. I will hunt around and try and see if i can find some.

EDIT: I failed my c6 build, i was gona make a phr 805t but the c6 host didn't come with a brass ring for the pill and i think thats where the failure started. So i superglued teh contact board into place and i thought i messed it up when i removed the components so i had to drill a hole for the positive and put a big solder blob and for the negative i filled half the pill with solder. So when i tried to put it together the x-drive wouldn't go in. So i thought, i dont care what it looks like now as long as it works. So i sanded a bit of the anodizing off the threads and heatsink and got rid of all the solder in the pill. But then i shorted the circuit out and blew the diode, i am pretty sure the driver still works though. A very scratched up c6 host is just sitting there waiting to be built into something. I dont want to spend very much on it because it looks so crap though.

Last edited:

IsaacT

Can you post a picture of it? Just curious as to how scratched up it really is....

Laik

I JUST DE-ANODIZED IT :D :D :D :D I used oven cleaner to de-anodize it and its kind of got a frosted look now. I kind of like it though. Here are some pics, sorry my camera isnt that good. Btw im going to put a phr in it now since its looking good.
MXma4CT.jpg

RLCY95y.jpg

UokkuB8.jpg

07qHXh7.jpg