Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

anyone ever taken a laser to Yellowstone?

ixfd64

Well, my family is going to Yellowstone National Park in about three weeks. There are many hot springs there, and that means there will be a lot of steam! We all know what that means to a laser enthusiast, don't we? :)

Anyways, has anyone ever brought a high-powered laser to Yellowstone?

Kenom

I live less than 200 miles from yellowstone. Make sure you bring a bluray. I hear tell that algae lumineses. If you get up in the billings, MT area gimme a shout.

Yup yup,

take that UV flashlight and blu-ray with you.

Don't forget the photos.

I drove through Yellowstone almost 4 years ago. It is a nice place. I spent about a day driving through and seeing stuff. One of these days I would like to go back since I missed a lot of stuff. At least I got to see Old Faithful go off.

ixfd64

I haven't been posting much since I didn't have Internet access for several days.

Anyways, I brought my Wicked Lasers "Advanced" laser to Yellowstone! Unfortunately, my batteries had almost run out, so the beam was not very visible, even in the dense steam. (The problem with my laser is that it drops below the specified output once the peak is over.) However, it was still pretty cool to hit Old Faithful with a ~10 mW beam at night!

I also brought my laser to Wind Cave National Monument. I took it with me on one of the tours, and although nobody except the guide said anything about it (she asked me if I wanted to use a flashlight instead, LOL ;D), one family did seem think that it was pretty cool. The father kept looking at where my laser was pointing!

It's a bit unfortunate that my laser is usually underpowered. Otherwise, it would have made the Yellowstone and Wind Cave experiences much more interesting. I guess I need a better (and more powerful) laser. :p

I've never taken a laser to Yellowstone. Actually, It's my first time to visit in Yellowstone National Park next week with my beloved family... Are there any things that i should definitely see? and by the way ... Can i buy a high powered (125mw, 150 MW etc) laser-pointer there?

Uh, there's essentially no chance of you getting a high powered laser out there (unless you drop by Kenom's place).  Buy a Coleman bluray from Jake or a greenie from likeitbright and you might get it in time to use it. :cool:

diachi

In case neither of you noticed this thread is nearly a year old :(

ixfd64 said:
Well, my family is going to Yellowstone National Park in about three weeks. There are many hot springs there, and that means there will be a lot of steam! We all know what that means to a laser enthusiast, don't we? :)

Look over the map very clearly, you don't want to have potential victims walking on the boardwalk on the other side of the steam cloud. ;)